Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 09-09-2013, 05:41 PM
2stroke (Jay)
The devil's advocate

starshoot pro V2 to focal reducer help need pretty please

Heya guys and girls have an issue here i'am trying to solve with using my focal reducer / flatter with the starshoot pro. The reducer has a 48mm out and my starshoot pro a 48mm in and also some other small though high pitch female thread after the 48mm. I need to get 55mm of spacing to get the reducer/flatterer doing its job. Where on earth do i find spacer rings to achieve this?

At a guess i would say this deeper thread would be sct 2"?

Now after i screw this piece off there is a 40mm approx thread on the main body of the ccd?

How do i get this thing in action with a 55mm distance, the sensor sits in 10.7mm going by the book and with the body's extension there's about 35mm so i'am at 45.7mm 9 mm short of my need
Old 09-09-2013, 05:52 PM
2stroke (Jay)
The devil's advocate

Well solved this my self that lower thread from the main body is T2 great news is the optical chain is sweet and wont be ending up with dark edges XD
Old 09-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Larryp (Laurie)

Jay, Bintel sell sets of spacer rings-they come as a set of 3, of differing thickness.
If you need thin ones, of 1mm or 2mm to get your spacing exact, they can be sourced from Edmund Optics
Old 09-09-2013, 05:58 PM
2stroke (Jay)
The devil's advocate

Cheers Laurie already had one just didn't think it would fit till i pulled it out, stuck a 10mm T2 spacer ring in so its all good cheers mate. Has a tolerance of 1mm anyhow, lol not fussed about 0.7mm over haha.