Old 20-06-2008, 01:03 PM
varmint

Question A Friend Needs some help, please

Hi all,

I wanted to solicit some help on behalf of one of the Moderators (aka Clownfish) on a different astronomy forum, one based in the US... OK I'll say it: CloudyNights astroforum. (Hope I didn't offend...)

Anyway, He's looking for guinea pigs to test out his new tutorial for drift alignment. One of his request posts is located here.

He's now specifically looking for help from Southern Hemisphere folks as he's got a bunch of us who've helped him out and provided feedback on his tutorial from the North.

I personally put it through it's paces and gave him some valuable feedback on his tutorial (I got confused in a few spots, partially because I'm a noob, but even he admits a section needs to be redone and appreciated the comments). Once I figured out what I needed to learn, it was straightforward and easy to remember.

But, he doesn't have many "Southerners" who've stepped up, so I took the initiative to solicit for him.

I'm not sure if you can PM him anonymously on that forum, and I'm pretty sure he's not a member here, though I did ask him if he was (and told him he should post his request here).

But, I got it working for me and was curious to see how it would work for SCP folks. If you're interested PM me and I'll figure out a way to get you in touch. He will need a valid e-mail address as he needs to send the word document that contains the draft. And he doesn't want it spread around too much until he gets enough feedback to assure it works (and then he'll publish it there or on his site for good).

Anyway, hope you don't mind the request, and I wasn't sure where to put this.... Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 20-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Matty P (Matt)
Star Struck

Hi Jim, thanks for the heads up.

I will be willing to help test Peter's method for Drift alignment. I'm sure a couple other members will as well.

I just sent Peter a PM on the CN forums.

Old 20-06-2008, 01:51 PM
varmint

Your welcome, and thanks for the help. He pitches it as a "don't need a cheatsheet" approach, and I have to hand it to him it does work.
Old 20-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Matty P (Matt)
Star Struck

Sounds great.