Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Solar System

Old 04-02-2020, 07:25 AM
ags_ (Phil)

Mars 2020-02-02

Although mostly low quality images captured this morning several hours of processing produced a reasonable false colour image.
This includes 8 images 2 x 700nm, 2 x Red, 2 x Green, 2 x Blue over a period of 29 minutes. Ninox, Registax, WinJupos, PaintShop, Gimp.
Not something one would normally spend so much time on, however being retired has advantages. lol

http://www.astrogem.com.au/Mars/2020...1913_2-pmi.png
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (m2020-02-02-1913_2-pmi-LRGB.jpg)
16.7 KB128 views

Last edited by ags_; 07-02-2020 at 06:54 PM. Reason: www link added
Old 04-02-2020, 10:06 AM
Saturnine (Jeff)

Great images to start the season off, that includes the Jupiter and Venus images that you've posted. Wasn't really expecting the season to kick off for another month or so as the morning planets get a little bit higher , out of the muck but you have managed to capture some great detail already .
Should be an interesting and busy year for planetary imaging. Time to get the gear ready for action, looking forward to it though my gear is a lot more modest than yours.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:47 PM
ags_ (Phil)

Thanks Jeff, don't worry about your modest gear there are plenty of excellent planetary images taken with small scopes and lots of poor ones with huge ones. If you are lucky with the seeing anything is possible.

Regards, Phil
Old 05-02-2020, 01:09 PM
Tulloch (Andrew)

Wow! This one (and the one of Venus you also posted) are incredible images, especially given how small Mars is at the moment and how difficult Venus is to image period.

I don't understand your process, you say 8 images over 29 minutes - these 8 images are stacks from 8 high speed videos then assembled together in PS (or equivalent), correct?

Andrew
Old 06-02-2020, 10:49 PM
ags_ (Phil)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
Wow! This one (and the one of Venus you also posted) are incredible images, especially given how small Mars is at the moment and how difficult Venus is to image period.

I don't understand your process, you say 8 images over 29 minutes - these 8 images are stacks from 8 high speed videos then assembled together in PS (or equivalent), correct?

Andrew
Yes Andrew that pretty much what I do if there are a few average captures and none very good.
For this Mars:
8 x 90 second captures started at 1857ut and finished at 1926ut each at different fps ie R at 100fps G at 80fps B at 40fps 700nm at 50fps

I'm using a new 1.25" 4x Barlow made for me by Harry Siebert which is made with Edmund Optics glass which has a 90% pass 325nm to 1500nm.
All measured with WinJupos etc.

Regards, Phil