Old 16-04-2015, 09:25 PM
DJT (David)

Hmm...ZWO shipping

Highly amused after receiving a package in my parcel locker. I ordered the add-on clear window for the old ZWOASI120mm mono as there were issues with crud falling onto on the chip and am putting together a planetary imaging setup. Free post direct from China with some awesome packaging techniques. Gotta Love ZWO

Bottle of Red is for scale purposes only, the ickle lickle plassy bag at bottom left contained the clear window..

Goods shipped On day of order, received within a week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image.jpg)
196.0 KB125 views
Old 16-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Amaranthus (Barry)
Thylacinus stargazoculus

A week? Bah, I got my ASI120MM in 4 days Amazing, eh?
Old 17-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
Highly amused after receiving a package in my parcel locker. I ordered the add-on clear window for the old ZWOASI120mm mono as there were issues with crud falling onto on the chip and am putting together a planetary imaging setup. Free post direct from China with some awesome packaging techniques. Gotta Love ZWO

Bottle of Red is for scale purposes only, the ickle lickle plassy bag at bottom left contained the clear window..

Goods shipped On day of order, received within a week.
from the packaging, seems like they have heard about Australia Post.
classy red by the way.
Old 17-04-2015, 05:03 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

You should see APM's packaging.... I think you could strap some C4 to the side and detonate and it would still survive!

I ordered a Tak metal focuser wheel from them. It - just an aluminium wheel - arrived inside 2 separate baggies that were enshrouded by a foam pad on 2 sides which was wrapped in bubble wrap and taped, which was then surrounded by a 1/2 cubic metre of foam peanuts, which all fit in a box the size of which could fit a well packed 130mm refractor objective (probably DID at one point!). All this covered in the usual VORSICHT! Glas! red tape...

I mean, I don't think they were gonna get damaged
Old 17-04-2015, 05:08 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Oh, Aus Post... I bought a Tak FS-78 face to face recently from Nettie. Nettie forgot to bring the clamshell, so she posted it on Monday this week. She lives in Kilcoy, I on the Sunshine Coast - a distance of 85km.

It arrived on Thursday.

Australia Post is going backward fast... they need a direct domestic competitor to shake them up!