Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2021, 03:30 PM
yoda776 (Matt)

Scopeguard or other equivalent case for telescope

Long shot but putting it out there...

If anyone has a ScopeGuard case or other hard case with good padding that would fit a Takahashi Mewlon scope (with the finder stalk) please let me know.

I am aware ScopeGuard cases have gone out of business and unfortunate as they use to make a case for it!
Old 15-01-2021, 11:56 PM
yoda776 (Matt)

Bump - any suggestions welcome. I found out about Scopeguard and they did sell their business to another fellow. Postage at the moment is pretty steep from the US and not up to risking it.
Old 16-01-2021, 07:49 AM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

a temporary option

Hello,

I just got a big 2nd hand steel sheet trunk case for my 8" SW collapsible telescope and lined it with sound proofing eggshell foam. The case was sourced from a garage sale for $10 or so.

It sits on the back seat and provides extra padding when I go off-road chasing dark sky sites around the national parks camping sites. Plenty of room left over to store my eyepiece case and warm clothing pad it out from rattles and vibrations.

Steve
Ps. Its not a flashy item, but does the trick and doubles as a table when I am setup. While the box is a little bulky, I now just have my chair, base and box which reduces he trips back and forth to the car which is nice, and I
tend not to forget things as I used to do when I had heaps of separate items.

Pps. Have you tried astronomy-electronics-centre, they might be able to source a suitable case for you. They will handle postage/insurance etc at least.

Last edited by mura_gadi; 16-01-2021 at 08:54 AM.
Old 21-01-2021, 12:45 PM
yoda776 (Matt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura_gadi View Post
Hello,

I just got a big 2nd hand steel sheet trunk case for my 8" SW collapsible telescope and lined it with sound proofing eggshell foam. The case was sourced from a garage sale for $10 or so.

It sits on the back seat and provides extra padding when I go off-road chasing dark sky sites around the national parks camping sites. Plenty of room left over to store my eyepiece case and warm clothing pad it out from rattles and vibrations.

Steve
Ps. Its not a flashy item, but does the trick and doubles as a table when I am setup. While the box is a little bulky, I now just have my chair, base and box which reduces he trips back and forth to the car which is nice, and I
tend not to forget things as I used to do when I had heaps of separate items.

Pps. Have you tried astronomy-electronics-centre, they might be able to source a suitable case for you. They will handle postage/insurance etc at least.
No worries Steve . Its a good idea and been scratching my head as tried a couple of places. Also thought of a flight case or even if a box that is big enough with pick and pluck foam. I can try to email Claude at AEC and see although i have asked some other companies and waiting for the response.

Meanwhile if something pops up like what you have i will see if it fits and work from there.
Cheers matt