Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28-02-2020, 04:35 AM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

Have YOU washed YOUR hands today ?

Here is a thought, we as humans are a dirty race, I am not alone knowing that people use toilets even in shops and do not wash their hands, we have all see men/women use the toilet then leave and YOU then have to use the same door handle.

Now, consider this the next time you think of illness, perhaps coronavirus, well.... I have thought about it for 20 years.

WHY do supermarkets sell unwrapped bread, cakes, buns, biscuits etc at FACE height and lower ?????

I have SEEN people pick a loaf up and put it back, did YOU buy it, not me. I only buy wrapped.

Ok, when you next go shopping, locally, or anywhere and buy that loaf or cake, consider who was the last person over the WHOLE DAY to go to the toilet and leave without washing, cough, sneeze, breath over it before you buy it

It amazes me they wrap bananas, swede, potatoes and yet you buy coughed over bread

Have a nice day
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Image1.jpg)
67.6 KB62 views
Old 28-02-2020, 12:29 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

In our supermarkets all breads are in a biodegradable bag (at least they have to be now before this it was not degradable) Pretty sure they use sneezeguards in some of our newer stands.
Old 28-02-2020, 03:50 PM
Kirthgersen

Immuno-Resistance comes from exposure. The weak will succumb. The strong will propagate a race of superhumans.
Old 28-02-2020, 07:20 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirthgersen View Post
Immuno-Resistance comes from exposure. The weak will succumb. The strong will propagate a race of superhumans.
No, read your biology, that is not the case in all things

You do NOT get a benefit from introducing someone to cancer !!!!!!

Yes there has been over prescribing of antibiotics, over use and over "cleaning" of homes but that is relating to general health and building up the immune system, and NOT the prevention of transmissible diseases or if we did what you say people with cholera, typhoid etc would be allowed to carry on daily life amongst us just to build up their immune systems.

Therefore we assume your reply was a joke which is a shame considering how many people, children included die from malaria alone malaria deaths stood at 405,000 in 2018
Old 28-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Jeremy look at the smiley, it's humour
Old 28-02-2020, 09:08 PM
billdan (Bill)

Quote:
In the 1950's (when I was 8 yrs old) my Mum took me to a Chicken Pox party, so all the kids in the Village we lived in, could all have Chicken Pox at the same time.

Thanks Mum.
Old 28-02-2020, 09:29 PM
Kirthgersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Jeremy look at the smiley, it's humour
It was humour Jeremy. and I love you as a fellow. I’m auto also. Sometimes my humour is off the mark...

But as a black/white response how do you introduce someone to cancer..?
Old 28-02-2020, 11:33 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

Quote:
But as a black/white response how do you introduce someone to cancer..?
Usually offering 'em a durrie is a safe bet.
Old 29-02-2020, 06:00 AM
SimmoW (SIMON)
Farting Nebulae

Oh i almost didnt get that! So very funny reply!

Yes, if you watch people as they walk in public places, what they touch and how many times they touch their faces, its rather worrying.
Old 29-02-2020, 03:41 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

I make my own bread. At 250 degrees that solves that problem.

At a cafe , though , only the boiled things in a container on a saucer would help.

I did read that a medical officer recommended singing happy birthday twice while washing your hands with soap is the best method . Along with the both sides fingers and forearms. That is a long wash.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:44 PM
theodog (Jeff)
Every photon is sacred !

I remember the bread being delivered by a Bakers cart... Just meters behind a horses a-se.

And I also had to attend 'Pox' parties, go to school with spotty kids one day and half the class would go missing for a fortnight next.

We'd walk in the rain, play in the dirt. Have our mothers use their hankie to wipe our faces.

Je-us we even ate with our hands sometimes. Remember 'Sunlight' soap? and oh for some 'Solvo" to take the skin off.

Food came in paper bags, meat wrapped in paper, as were the fish and chips for 20c. No plastic in sight.

How DID we survive all this??

BUT WE DID.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:26 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodog View Post
I remember the bread being delivered by a Bakers cart... Just meters behind a horses a-se.

And I also had to attend 'Pox' parties, go to school with spotty kids one day and half the class would go missing for a fortnight next.

We'd walk in the rain, play in the dirt. Have our mothers use their hankie to wipe our faces.

Je-us we even ate with our hands sometimes. Remember 'Sunlight' soap? and oh for some 'Solvo" to take the skin off.

Food came in paper bags, meat wrapped in paper, as were the fish and chips for 20c. No plastic in sight.

BUT WE DID.
Yes the 1800s were a fun time Pleurisy, leprosy,
Old 07-03-2020, 05:01 AM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)

Amazing

THIS was £19.99 now in shops £39.99 NOW ON AMAZON !!!!!!! £100

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Defendol-Ho...=beauty&sr=1-3

Old 07-03-2020, 07:47 AM
Pepper (Steve)

That’s nothin mate.
There is a Chinese scammer advertising toilet paper on Gumtree for $2000 DollarBucks for a 20 roll pack.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:04 AM
I.C.D (Ian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukastronomer View Post

Here is a thought, we as humans are a dirty race, I am not alone knowing that people use toilets even in shops and do not wash their hands, we have all see men/women use the toilet then leave and YOU then have to use the same door handle.

Now, consider this the next time you think of illness, perhaps coronavirus, well.... I have thought about it for 20 years.

WHY do supermarkets sell unwrapped bread, cakes, buns, biscuits etc at FACE height and lower ?????

I have SEEN people pick a loaf up and put it back, did YOU buy it, not me. I only buy wrapped.

Ok, when you next go shopping, locally, or anywhere and buy that loaf or cake, consider who was the last person over the WHOLE DAY to go to the toilet and leave without washing, cough, sneeze, breath over it before you buy it

It amazes me they wrap bananas, swede, potatoes and yet you buy coughed over bread

Have a nice day
what gets me is the shop keep will wear rubber gloves when handling meats (cooked or raw)or any other cook food ,and when they takes your money they will take it with the hand with the glove on .It has been proven that money carry more germs then any toilet area
Ian
Old 07-03-2020, 08:21 AM
doug mc

For the oldies.
We'll all be rooned said Hanrahan.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:24 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C.D View Post
what gets me is the shop keep will wear rubber gloves when handling meats (cooked or raw)or any other cook food ,and when they takes your money they will take it with the hand with the glove on .It has been proven that money carry more germs then any toilet area
Ian
Another good reason to not eat meat.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:07 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C.D View Post
Ian
Our butcher will use the plastic bag to grab the meat, inverted then wrap the meat so they never make contact with the meat, just the outside of the bag, Also who uses cash these days? most people tap their cards, very little contact is made with money this way. I'm still trying to remember the last time I paid anything with cash
Old 07-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodog View Post

BUT WE DID.
You may have but the thousands who didn't?
More people survive these days then back then
Old 07-03-2020, 11:51 AM
theodog (Jeff)
Every photon is sacred !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukastronomer View Post
Yes the 1800s were a fun time Pleurisy, leprosy,
No... The 1960's. Probably the time of your parents.

I state again,

We, and you, are still here.