Old 09-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Tandum (Robin)

QHY9 Overscan Correction Errors.

Has anyone else turned on overscan correction in their qhy9 driver? I honestly don't see any improvement but I do have intermittent problems getting flats to combine.

I have a couple of nights worth of RGB here and if I include the flats for each filter into the calibration I get crazy results. Like the top half of blue is missing, red and green are black and Lum looks like wool off a sheeps back I am using maxim here.

The flats look fine to me and when I combined Lum in deepsky using the same CAL files, the result is as expected, ie: not wool.

I'm at a loss and have tried pedistal settings, masters etc, but just don't understand why it is so. Any tips? I seem to get this occasionally whenever I try out overscan correction.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:13 PM
TheDecepticon

Hi!

I have not tried the over scan correction with the latest drivers, which I have had trouble with, as well, with flats. Luminance will calibrate ok, but RGB will be lighter on the bottom half of the picture and darker on the top.

I upgraded my machine to Win7 Ultimate, which is why I was using the latest drivers. While trying to help another IIS member with some data collection problems, my QHY9 and filter wheel shut down. Theo was great at helping me sort out the problems with it and it is working again. The problem appears to be that the connector on the power supply that came with the camera is 2.5mm and the dual cable is 2.1mm. That is all fixed now, with a trip to Jaycar.

The result of all this is that I have regressed my drivers to the original that came with the camera and the flats problem is now fixed.

The problem that I now have is that all my binned shots have horizontal lines about a 10mm apart. I have changed power supplies, so I will change back and see.

Oh, and I'm using MaxIm 5.