Old 14-11-2005, 01:43 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Camera Bag

So, who can tell I've got a new toy?

Seems Lowepro are the best brand around.. I only need the micro or mini trekker, but they're expensive ($150 +).

The Tamrac brand looks good quality, and a similar sized one as the Lowpro could only cost me $100.

Any suggestions or advice?

Needs to store the 350D + a couple of lenses.
Old 14-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Jonathan

I've got a Lowepro similar to this one - http://www.dirtcheapcameras.com.au/s...?idProduct=355 It can carry my F80 with battery grip and 50mm lens attached, 70-300mm lens, 180 ED, heaps of film, spare batteries, filters, lens cleaning gear etc... I wouldn't want to carry anything bigger around.
Whatever your size choice, I'd reccomend a Lowepro for sure. They are designed and made very well, and they are very tough. Mine has seen some damp and dusty conditions over the last few years but it still looks like new, especially on the inside where the expensive bits are! In my opinion they're worth the extra $$$'s
Old 14-11-2005, 02:51 PM
beren

Dont know if any other major cities have a dedicated camera store but in Perth theres one that has a great range of second hand gear at good prices .Thats where i got my bag and other stuff ,worth a go to look around .

http://www.cameraelectronic.com.au/p...lectronic.html
Old 14-11-2005, 03:16 PM
fringe_dweller
on the highway to Hell

I use Lowepro's too mate - love 'em
Old 14-11-2005, 07:02 PM
h0ughy (David)

I go a carabee backpack and put some foam on the bottom, and padedit out with foam around the gear.
Old 14-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Striker (Tony)
Whats visual Astronomy

1 word Mike.........."LOWPRO"

Ask for 1 for Christmas.

I went to a basic DSLR course a few months ago at Photocontinental here in Brisbane....12 out of the 14 who attended had Lowpro bags of various size's.....I'm sure their is other brands but gee the lowpro are popular.
Old 15-11-2005, 06:04 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm probably going to go with a Tamrac Velocity 5 or Velocity 7.

Trying to find a local distributor though.. I can get the Velocity 5 on ebay for under $100, though I think i'd prefer the Velocity 7 if I can get it.

The Velocity 9 is on ebay, but I don't think I need one that big.
Old 15-11-2005, 11:15 AM
ving (David)
~Dust bunny breeder~

I have a delsey gopix i bought from the good guys for $45. it has room for a slr, spare lens, filter kit, a few rolls of flim and then some.... seems sturdy enough too
Old 15-11-2005, 05:56 PM
rumples riot
Who knows

Mike think in terms of expansion, I have a Lowepro Nova 4 Aw. It holds 4 lenses ranging from a 400mm to macro lenses and some zooms. Plus it holds filters and is water proof. If you spend the money now, it will protect your investments. I think, mine was a little over 100 dollars and am glad I made that choice.

Just my opinion.
Old 15-11-2005, 06:03 PM
rowena

I have the lowepro orion trekker. http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...n_Trekker.aspx

I can carry my camera, and up to 4 lenses if i had 4! i normally have camera, 3 lenses and the 4th area in the bag i put cable release, spare battery, telescope adapter.. etc.
the top part is great, can put carry wallet/phone/keys etc handy for going onto planes because you can chuck that on your back, while your carrying other stuff (in my case normally backpack + laptop + handbag!)
Old 15-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Striker (Tony)
Whats visual Astronomy

Ok Mike I will give you another option "LOWEPRO"

Dont make me give you a 3rd option...lol

PS. I have the Lowepro Nova 4 like Pauls......but if I had another chance I would go bigger...depends on how many lenses you want.
Old 15-11-2005, 06:57 PM
rumples riot
Who knows

Yeah Tony, but they weigh a ton with all the crap you can carry in them.
Old 15-11-2005, 09:16 PM
acropolite (Phil)

I'm with the others; I've got the same as Rowena the Lowepro Orion Trekker. I can't recommend it too highly. I lugged my 20D, lenses, charger, filters Cable release etc around Litchfield national park in 34 degree heat and I really appreciated the ergonomics of the trekker. You can hardly tell it's there. it has a chest and waist strap so it can be adjusted to minimise any strain on your back and shoulders. I paid around $100 and as Rowena said it's also got heaps of room for a few extras such as mobile phone even Bino's. Definately the best Camera Bag I have ever had.
Old 16-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Striker (Tony)
Whats visual Astronomy

Mike,

It sounds to me like the LowePro.....I think I'm safe to say that if you dont get a LowePro we will have to dismiss you as an owner of a DSLR....hahahaha
Old 23-11-2005, 09:59 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Grrr.. my (non-lowepro) camera bag arrived on Monday, but they sent me the wrong model.. I emailed the guy and told him, and asked him to send the right one, and he said "there must be some confusion, I couldn't have possibly sent you the wrong model as I don't stock that model".

I replied this morning and said "i'm sorry there's no confusion".. i'll have to take some pics of it this arvo and email them to him.

So annoying.

Anyway i'm using it in the meantime cause I haven't got another one, but it's not the one I wanted.
Old 23-11-2005, 10:26 AM
ving (David)
~Dust bunny breeder~

thats why i dont buy absolutely everything online... these thing do happen. still, its quite a stuff-up on thier behelf... where'd you get it from mike? will they refund you?
Old 23-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Striker (Tony)
Whats visual Astronomy

Sorry to hear Mike....but that just wouldn't have happened if it was a LowePro....lol
Old 23-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Thiink

You sure are persistent Tony!
Old 23-11-2005, 02:51 PM
33South (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy
I go a carabee backpack and put some foam on the bottom, and padedit out with foam around the gear.
Me too, - maybe its a Pentax thing, although I have a noname brand camera bag in the bottom of the backpack for protection.

When travelling my theory is Backpack = week old sandwiches, nice camera bag = expensive camera.
Which will go missing first