Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Star Parties, Club and Community Events

Old 30-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Kunama

Tak Attack Version III ..... Late 2017

Dear fellow Takkers et al,

Spring 2017 (October 20/21 or November 17/18) Tak Attack Number 3....

Allan has now dobbed himself in to host Takahashi's finest at his beautiful Astronomy Lodge under the dark skies of Coolah, New South Wales...

Dates to be confirmed pending roster requests etc...

Any one intending to attend should keep an eye on this thread...... a little friendly banter is always allowed but please keep the thread on topic .....

Thanks Allan

Looking forward to it already
Old 30-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Kunama

I will be attending and will bring a couple of little Takkers with me.....

1x TOA
1x FOA
Old 30-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Allan

Will have my TOA 130 there for the party as well. All these TOA's get a bit boring, so I'm looking forward to lots of other Tak eye candy.

My new dark site property is a great place for observing and I'm looking forward to sharing it with all the party goers. I won't post too much about it here, but if you have any questions just drop me a PM.
Old 30-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

I should be able to bring up a DL and who knows, maybe a Mewlon
Old 30-04-2017, 09:28 PM
issdaol (Phil)

I can bring up TOA150.....hope that's not another boring TOA !!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:33 AM
JohnG (John)
Looking Down From Above

Unfortunately November is out for me, the Snake Valley Astro Camp is on then..

Cheers
Old 01-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Kunama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Unfortunately November is out for me, the Snake Valley Astro Camp is on then..

Cheers
John, We'll confirm the dates when Allan gets a chance to work out his roster, it may end up in Oct, Nov or Dec. Would be unfair to exclude the host
Old 08-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Allan

Just a quick update for all the Tak Attack fans.

My 32" dob is going to be delivered during the October new moon, so unfortunately that puts a line through October for the Tak Party.

I am very hopeful we will be able to hold the Star Party on the 17 and 18 of November. I will know at the end of September if we can lock in those days.

I'm looking forward to hosting the party and sharing my astro property with everyone, and even the 32" which will still have new telescope smell. The property is very remote, very dark and you can even see the Siding Spring domes off in the distance. There's plenty of space for everyone with their telescopes and tents and vans, and there's even a spare room if you're quick.
Old 13-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Kunama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
Just a quick update for all the Tak Attack fans.

My 32" dob is going to be delivered during the October new moon, so unfortunately that puts a line through October for the Tak Party.

I am very hopeful we will be able to hold the Star Party on the 17 and 18 of November. I will know at the end of September if we can lock in those days.

I'm looking forward to hosting the party and sharing my astro property with everyone, and even the 32" which will still have new telescope smell. The property is very remote, very dark and you can even see the Siding Spring domes off in the distance. There's plenty of space for everyone with their telescopes and tents and vans, and there's even a spare room if you're quick.
November sounds great Allan, just remember to cut a path for my retirement home to fit down the driveway....
Old 13-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Colin will be happy if he has somewhere to roll out a swag and setup some imaging equipment
Old 13-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Lognic04 (Logan)

Dang, unfortunately NSW is too far for me and my MT-160
Old 13-07-2017, 08:25 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Colin will be happy if he has somewhere to roll out a swag and setup some imaging equipment
Lewis thinks Colin needs to talk in the 1° person...

Old 27-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Allan

Just had three long, fantastic nights of observing at my Coolah property. Conditions were un-seasonably dry, and not too cold, maybe down to about 1 or 2 degrees each night. The sky was dark enough for me to realise the Dark Doodad in Musca is a naked eye object.

November will be dry and warm, perfect for a star party.
Old 28-07-2017, 05:23 AM
Kunama

Quote:
Just had three long, fantastic nights of observing at my Coolah property. Conditions were un-seasonably dry, and not too cold, maybe down to about 1 or 2 degrees each night. The sky was dark enough for me to realise the Dark Doodad in Musca is a naked eye object.

November will be dry and warm, perfect for a star party.
That's what we like to hear.........
Old 28-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

And hopefully you didn't have a horrendous jetstream that has been plagueing SE Australia.
Old 28-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Allan

I was checking the jetsteam every day, and it was just south of Sydney. So the seeing wasn't too bad. Had Saturn at 345x and it was razor sharp about 80% of the time, was very nice.
Old 29-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Allan

Well guys, unfortunately Tak Attack III will not be going ahead in November. Once every two or three years I have to do a standby roster at work, and my fear has come to fruition, as I will be on one during October and November. Therefore, I won't know whether I'm coming or going for that entire period. Not very conducive to organising star parties.

My guess is the months following won't appeal to many people due to the heat, so perhaps we could reschedule for early next year.

I'm disappointed it's turned out this way, as I was looking forward to hosting everyone. But I know we will get a great event going and have something definite to look forward to next time.
Old 29-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Kunama

Quote:
Well guys, unfortunately Tak Attack III will not be going ahead in November. Once every two or three years I have to do a standby roster at work, and my fear has come to fruition, as I will be on one during October and November. Therefore, I won't know whether I'm coming or going for that entire period. Not very conducive to organising star parties.

My guess is the months following won't appeal to many people due to the heat, so perhaps we could reschedule for early next year.

I'm disappointed it's turned out this way, as I was looking forward to hosting everyone. But I know we will get a great event going and have something definite to look forward to next time.
No worries Allan, we'll do it in the new year..... the Baby Grange will still be fine in 2018
Old 29-09-2017, 05:46 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

October 20 is new moon...and a friday...and I wonder if a certain Spaghetti Monster may consider....

Old 29-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

But I bought another ticket and everything