Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 06-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Carl

Digital World International after sales service

After an opinion please.
I want to make clear that I'm not starting a slag-fest against DWI in any way, I'm just after some opinions please.

Over the past five years or so I've bought a camera, filters, batteries, a Canon 50mm lens and two Samyang lenses and frankly the before sale service was brilliant and helpful, delivery faultless and the items in perfect working order. I can't speak more highly of DWI.

Last night in the process of purchasing a Canon 24-105mm from them for an amazing price i came across quite a few negative Facebook posts regarding their after sales service particularly when honoring warranty and repairs on delivered faulty products.

Even with the amazing DIW discount on the lens it's still a substantial outlay. So have any members had dealings with DWI when a product has not met expectations? As i said i have no complaints, i can't speak more highly of them, but I have never needed to return a purchase and this one will be substantial.

I would be grateful for feedback on this question.

Regards
Carl Rainer