Old 29-02-2016, 08:46 PM
chardie (Leslie)

adapter dilemma

first of not sure if i posted this elsewhere but couldn't find my earlier post if i did sorry if i have repeated myself. i have three questions i would like some help with if i can .
looking at getting a tring and camera adapter for a canon eos . i notice bintel have them both at about $78 with out postage. however i can get a similar item of ebay for half the price the only issue is the last camera adapter i bought of ebay had a bit of looseness when it was mounted. has anyone bought either the bintel tring and camera adapter or similar ebay item. i really just want the tightest mount i can find. another question i have is i am presuming that it would be beneficial to get the 2" telescope mount to t-ring rather than the normal or smaller 1.25 mount ? last question the telescope will be attached to a meade 10" dobsonian for taking pics of the moon. i do have a 300mm f4 which i initially used to take pictures of the moon but i wanted something to get me a little closer hence the telescope upgrade. i have read the forums a little and one problem that comes up a bit is back focus and i am wondering if that is likely to be an issue with my meade?
i know that the dob base isn't ideal for taking photos but considering its the moon with a fairly short exposure it should be ok thanks in advance for your input
Old 01-03-2016, 06:40 PM
raymo

All Skywatcher Newts have sufficient back focus for AP. Most others don't.
I assume that the tube that accepts the eyepiece on your Lightbridge's
focuser can be unscrewed. Aim your scope at a distant feature such as
tree and hold your camera up to the opening and see if it will come to focus leaving enough of a gap between the camera and the focuser to
fit the adaptor. Alternatively, ring or email a Meade dealer.
raymo
Old 19-06-2016, 12:55 PM
chardie (Leslie)

well its been awhile since i posted... life keeps getting in the way
ordered the bintel 2" adapter and t ring for the eos today. by the time it turns up the current low should have moved on. hopefully next time i make it home for the weekend i can try them out on the telescope.