Old 06-08-2015, 04:32 PM
azagil (Aaron)

Which OAG for SCT.

Hi all, I am going to try and do some imaging with my celestron 9.25 SCT. I have a ASI 174mc for planetary which I will also try to use as a guide camera and want to use an oag to cut out load and flexure. I was wondering what oag you may recommend. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:27 PM
glend (Glen)

What is your main imaging camera? Lacerta is well regarded for its correct backspace for Canon DSLRs but more expensive than some.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:32 PM
azagil (Aaron)

I have an atik 414ex. I also may have to try adding a focul reducer to the set up so how will that effect it......
Old 06-08-2015, 06:04 PM
glend (Glen)

Well forget the Lacerta then, most any OAG will do the job. Suggest you look at Bintel's or wait for advice from direct experience with that combo.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:02 AM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

The Lumicon one is pretty good - just tighten all six bolts really well to remove any slippage! It comes with a focal reducer than can be removed (I did as mine showed coma). I use it on a C9.25 with a Meade DSI II mono as the guide camera and a modded DSLR in a cool box as the imaging camera. Once it is all set up I find up to 30 minute subs are readily achievable.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:33 PM
azagil (Aaron)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g__day View Post
The Lumicon one is pretty good - just tighten all six bolts really well to remove any slippage! It comes with a focal reducer than can be removed (I did as mine showed coma). I use it on a C9.25 with a Meade DSI II mono as the guide camera and a modded DSLR in a cool box as the imaging camera. Once it is all set up I find up to 30 minute subs are readily achievable.
Awesome thanks for the great info, and that sounds perfect as I want to use it on my 9.25" aswell. I tried a search but can't seem to find a store that sells them. Would you know of a link or something I can go into. Cheers.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:01 PM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

The part you want is LG1025 + any adapters (e.g. Canon DSLR ring) you need!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...is_Guider.html

A quick search reveals they may have stopped making these to go for slim line bodies - so check on astro sales / classified for a second hand one also; some dealers might still have unsold stock; they are a great unit!