Old 26-09-2007, 09:47 AM
garymck (Gary)

Baader mpcc?

Hi,

using a baader mpcc on my skywatcher 10" newt and a canon 350d

The original instructions stated that a thin spacer ring (supplied with the mpcc ) should be removed prior to attaching to the camera t-ring -there was even a warning sticker on the box to this effect. The current instructions downloadable from baader state the opposite, that the spacer ring should be left on for photography.

Anyone know which is the correct answer? I have been using it with the spacer ring per latest instructions, but I still get slightly elongated stars at the edge of the field... am I expecting too much?

cheers
Gary
Old 26-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Alchemy (Clive)
Quietly watching

i had the same issue, the documentation stated a 55mm distanced to the chip from the film plane. i measured it with a set of verniers and found that with a cannon 350d i could leave the ring on, if you remove the ring the top bit still leaves a gap anyway.

Having checked my images i found the edges to be still slightly elongated but an improvement over before (12inch newt) may experiment with the distance but currently not a great concern.
Old 27-09-2007, 02:58 PM
EzyStyles (Eric)
I HATE COMA!

thanks for bringing this up. I have the Baader MPCC also and i use in all my images. I did had the ring on all the time until recently, ive taken this out because i couldn't reach infocus from recollimating my scope. (Celestron NGT10 F4.7). I don't notice any difference with or without the ring. are you using any filters?
Old 27-09-2007, 09:12 PM
garymck (Gary)

I've just started trials with a Hutech Idas LPS-P2-48 filter, but since the moon is up I've been unable as yet to really see how it works - doesn't cut moonlight unfortunately!!!

cheers
Gary
Old 27-09-2007, 10:10 PM
EzyStyles (Eric)
I HATE COMA!

you will notice adding filters after the MPCC will infact give you slightly more outfocus.