Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers

Old 10-04-2018, 08:11 AM
muletopia (Chris)
Want to do better

Sidereal Technology SitecExe help please

Hello Folks,

After a very long wait my Mesu mount 200 has arrived. I set up Sitech following Lucas Mesu's instructions and could then slew with the hand pad at the
three rates.
I connected to my laptop and started CDC, successful connection to the mount, started up PHD2 , could connect all.
I closed these programs.

Now the hand pad does not change the speed of slewing and a recorded voice from Sitech announces "guide two" when the hand pad change speed button is pressed.

How do I reset the system so that the hand pad can set all speeds?

The following instructions from Stargazers relate to this area of operation:-
Turn your mesu mount on.

Fill in all the setup criteria in the config section (once done it will remember it even when you update.

Connect to a planetarium software.

Slew with the hand pad to a bright obvious star and center in your eyepiece

Sync to the star making sure to do an "offset init"

The mount will now be tracking reasonably accurately.

You can always do an "offset" init near to where you are imaging if you do not want to build a pxp model.

If you still have tracking problems after this let us know.

So I would like to be able to use the hand pad at slew speed to follow the instructions above.

Looks like the start of a steep learning curve.

Chris
Old 10-04-2018, 11:03 AM
billdan (Bill)

There must something that CDC did to override the keypad.

I am only using the Sitech database for goto's and have never connected to CDC.
Using PHD2 and the Ascom driver, the keypad speed control works OK.

Cheers
Bill
Old 10-04-2018, 11:06 AM
muletopia (Chris)
Want to do better

After last night's lack of progress this morning I found that Sitechexe had somehow clobbered my desktop, on start up the message

system32\config\systemprofile\Favou rites\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable.

The desktop shows only computer and recycle bin.

However the start button allows access to all the programs that were on my desktop (and others).

The laptop is dual boot, so restarted in Ubuntu and went to the web an checked a few things. The restarted in Windows win7 pro 64 bit and the desktop was now OK.

After poking around it the problem only occurs when sitech is invoked.

The reference to system 32 worries me on a 64 bit system, is there a 64 bit version of the Sitech software?

Chris
Old 10-04-2018, 12:14 PM
billdan (Bill)

Hi Chris,

I can't help you with the 64bit question, only to say that Mesu users on SGL have never complained about 32bit SiTech on 64bit PC's.

You may have to describe your problem on SGL in the mounts section. Lot of Mesu gurus over there.

Or you could join the Yahoo group for SiTech.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SiTechservo/info

Cheers
Bill
Old 10-04-2018, 02:48 PM
muletopia (Chris)
Want to do better

Thanks Bill,

I did as you suggested and put a question on SGL in the mounts section.

Joining Yahoo groups when you don't have mobile phone reception is quite difficult.
I joined the Mesu group and subsequently lost my password. With no amount of fiddling can I get it reset without mobile coverage.
Yahoo makes dreadful assumptions.

Chris
Old 11-04-2018, 05:15 AM
garymck (Gary)

Chris,
I have a Mesu and run Windows 10 64 bit without issues. Have you installed all the prerequisites? Have you seen the document " MESU 200 Mount Quick Guide to Installation.pdf" ? If you don't have it PM me your email add and I'll send it to you. It is 2.5mb so too big to attach here.
cheers
Gary
Old 11-04-2018, 09:30 AM
muletopia (Chris)
Want to do better

Thanks Gary,
Yes I followed Lucas' instructions carefully and have been in contact with him about this.
He has been good and involved Dan Gray to whom I have just sent all the details.
So I expect a solution will emerge eventually.

But the support from Lucas and Sitech is very good.

Chris
Old 13-04-2018, 09:39 AM
netwolf

There is a sitech yahoo group also. Very helpful group of people.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SiTechservo/info

32bit apps can run on 64bit. Sitech is a little fiddly to install there are few prerequisite but once going it’s very good.

Also look at this site http://www.sitechservo.info/
https://sites.google.com/a/sitechser...k-shaw-s-site/
Old 13-04-2018, 11:03 AM
muletopia (Chris)
Want to do better

resolved

Thank you folks.
It turns out that the supplied hand pad is faulty. This was patched late yesterday by a fellow astronomer who is an experienced electrical fitter. I am very pleased with the support from Lucas Mesu and will wait to see what Dan Gray at Sidereal will do about the hand pad. Today is six months since I ordered the mount and it arrived last week, I am not interested in returning the hand pad and waiting for a replacement to arrive so hopefully he just sends a new on and with luck the patched one suffices until then.

I set out to start alignment last night but, of course, the clouds rolled in.

Netwolf,
A few years ago you regretted not being able to buy a 3.2 m Sirius dome advertised here in the classifieds. I was fortunate enough to buy it, it was only 300 KM from me.
It has fielded a few backyard cricket balls but only crazing in the surface gel. It is a luxury.

Chris
Old 13-04-2018, 07:32 PM
netwolf

Chris I managed to get one finally but have not as yet set it up. Someday will look at getting the Mesu mount myself nothing come close to cost vs weight capacity.
Old 30-04-2018, 06:20 PM
muletopia (Chris)
Want to do better

my error

Well Folks,

A case of usual new owner panic. I had to send this message to Lucas about tracking and drift alignment.

As far as I can see your mount is performing flawlessly. As you probably suspected user error. Perhaps a little explanation might help. I first installed a Syntra mount on my permanent pier about four years ago,did Syntra's 3 point alignment and polar alignment followed by DARV drift alignment. Then every couple of months I corrected for pier movement by further drift alignment and gave the matter no further thought. I did not realize how far the pier had moved over this period. So when I tried DARV with your mount the return trace of the azimuth drift was not in the picture. Slowly this problem dawned on me So I just watched the elongation of the initial point and corrected that until the return trip was visible. Last night the three drifts adjusting with your excellent east/west adjusters had no displacement visible after 2 minutes, similarly for altitude, tonight I will extend this and check it with PHD. (If your geology is OK, the pier sits on the geologically ancient Yilgarn block here in Western Australia, so clay soil up to 10 metres thick. So pier movement is always going to happen.) I am sorry to have wasted your time.

END QUOTE

The mount and the support from Lucas are both excellent.

I must open the book and read the message inside the front cover
"Don't panic"

Chris