Old 29-11-2018, 12:40 PM
brisen (Brian)

Darks and consistent temperature

Instead of wasting a night last night due to the poor seeing here, I decided to run a set of darks by letting the Sky X run a series collecting darks while I got a night's sleep.

When I checked the files this morning, I notice that whilst I have 13 darks at -10, the remaining 7 darks from the run range between -9.07 and
-9.79. It looks like the ambient temp has gone up at some point in the middle of the night - I knew was pushing the limits to get down to -10 anyway.

My question is, is it worth integrating the 7 darks which are up to 1 degree warmer then the -10 where I normally image at during the warmer months or is it best to ditch these 7 and wait to get the balance at -10?

It is a Sony IX694 chip which is already low noise and there is apparently no need to run darks, but I am looking to see if using the darks improves the image further.

Brian
Old 29-11-2018, 12:48 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

It’s worth integrating them all together. If you want to check to see if there are any issues, subtract the master dark from several of them and see if there is any issues. If there is a significant difference between the subtracted -10 and -9 (which I doubt) then just use the -10’s. If no difference then you had a Master Dark
Old 29-11-2018, 12:55 PM
brisen (Brian)

Thanks Colin, I will give that a go later today.

Brian