ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Ric
Support your local RFS

Oz Post drops the ball again!

I'm a bit cheesed with the attitude of Oz Post.

I recently ordered a selection of chilli sauces and pastes both for myself and as gift for Christmas from a Chilli company in Sydney.

The company with their normal excellent service had it packed and sent within 24 hours to my PO Box.

Now it get's interesting, 10 days later still no card in the box saying come and pick it up. I ring the shop and get a tracking number which say's it's there awaiting collection. Off to the P.O I go and ask a few questions, the reply being "it's not here" so I pull out my printout with tracking number and delivery date.

Off they go being annoyed they have been challenged and return about 10 minutes later with parcel, yay. When I asked why it wasn't carded the answer was that they probably forgot to, when asked what about a second reminder even seeing that it was a large box just hanging around on the floor the answer was "dunno".

Then the zinger came from the counter person " I don't know what your worried about, you've got it now"

I just had to walk out of the P.O as I felt so frustrated I would have done my lolly at them

That night I made a lovely vindaloo with my Mega Stupidly Hot Carolina Reaper paste and felt much better when the chilli euphoria kicked in

Cheers
Old 21-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Baddad (Marty)
Teknition

Those people don't deserve a job.
I don't know what avenues you can take to register a complaint. However its your choice

Cheers
Old 21-11-2014, 10:38 AM
csb (Craig)

Frustration+++++

You want to say something back but whatever you say will not sink in or you come across as a nutcase!
Old 21-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Ric
Support your local RFS

Actually just a simple admission of a mistake and an apology would have gone a long way.

I still would have been peeved but I would not have been so frustrated.

As my dear old gran used to say, "there's no point in complaining, no one listens anyway"
Old 21-11-2014, 11:27 AM
chrisp9au (Chris)
Hitchhiker

Try this link http://auspost.com.au/about-us/compl...-feedback.html
You never know somebody might follow it up!
Cheers
Chris
Old 21-11-2014, 11:44 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hey Rick
You did well to let it go at the time..the next thing you must do is not to let it bother you later..the stewing over something does the real damage as we can focus less on what should be more important.
I have a saying similar to your Gran..
There is no point in complaint for 90 per cent of listened don't care, and to other 10 per cent are glad to hear you have a problem...

My neighbour went thru exactly what happened to youkg, the item sat in a shed for ages..he was understandably upset...and little concern that there was a problem, and ..at least it turned up ... And I believe it's happened to others ..they must have a slack system or as the case so often slack people on the job.
Old 21-11-2014, 11:54 AM
OzStarGazer
Nerd from Outer Space

What about when they put a card in your mailbox because they don't bother to knock??
This happened to me a few times and I have been told they are not supposed to knock because they cannot leave their motorcycle unattended.
Uh, there is an address on the envelope and they are not supposed to knock and deliver the envelope or parcel?
Well, the usual postie comes up all the time and I can even see his motorcycle in the front yard of the building. It is very easy to come in and not leave the motorcycle unattended outside... So obviously it is not true that they are not supposed to come up... It is always not regular posties who do that.
Old 21-11-2014, 12:05 PM
pluto (Hugh)
Astro Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp9au View Post
Cheers
Chris
Aus post can never be bothered catching the lift to my office so they always just leave a card in the mailbox. So I made a complaint and to my surprise someone actually followed it up by calling me and getting all the details. They then contacted the local PO to find out why they weren't delivering. There was a bit of back-and-forward but in the end they said that they won't deliver to my office because they can't be bothered. Obviously this wasn't the outcome I was hoping for, and I do my absolute best to avoid Aus Post's services, but I was impressed that they did take the complaint seriously and they did follow it up.
Old 21-11-2014, 12:17 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

We live 5 minutes out of town and for most parcels we find the tracking saying "Attempted delivery, no one home" which is of course a euphemism for "Could not be bothered so left it at the post office in town"

There is only one courier mob who actually deliver stuff to us.
Old 21-11-2014, 12:17 PM
csb (Craig)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
There is no point in complaint for 90 per cent of listened don't care, and to other 10 per cent are glad to hear you have a problem.
This summed up my attitude after nearly 10 years in customer service. On occasions the customer could tell which percentage I belonged to - AND whether I didn't care or I was glad they had a problem also changed according to the situation (customer).

I knew this attitude was wrong but this attitude comes about because of bad/know it all/I'm holier than thou customers. I was satisfied when the customer was not satisfied! So it was time to get a new job.
Old 21-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Ric
Support your local RFS

I agree Alex, stewing over things will only make crook.

You would think that in this day and age of budget cuts and looming privatisations they would be going the extra mile to justify themselves.
Old 21-11-2014, 12:52 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well I cheer up people even the ones gjiving me bad service.
Left my car for service, how much,$350,..At pickup bill says $598...
I said the reason I asked how much is I knew I only had
350 in my account. Said it politly and they re write the bill to348..
I am sure if I had not been perfectly nice the result may not have gone my way...having your car gives an advantage one could think.
I do care about others and I like where I can cheer someone up.
Most folk look sad
Old 21-11-2014, 01:04 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

My approach however tends to bring in crazy people and homeless Woman types.
If no one has ever been kind to them they latch on a bit if you are kind.
Old 21-11-2014, 11:53 PM
csb (Craig)

Very moving commentary, Alexander.

I found the same happenings with some customers who were perhaps solitary and lonely individuals. Being nice and chatting with them and they seemed to then just come in to the store for a talk.

I actually provided good friendly customer service to most people but some people. . . Oh boy! And I could understand the frustration a customer might feel when there is an issue.
Old 22-11-2014, 02:20 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

following this thread , yea , welcome to the NZ of 10 years ago , ( zero ID knows this ) my favourite complaint is this ,,,
its cost at least 1/3 for normal post over this year ( 2014 ) and only now the flags are being raised ,, to late sorry to say .
Brian.

Last edited by sheeny; 22-11-2014 at 06:32 AM. Reason: profanity bypass
Old 22-11-2014, 09:44 AM
jenchris (Jennifer)

Odd isn't it?
I've never had a complaint with any postal service.
There has been the occasional lazy posty who dropped off a card instead of knocking, but it only happened once with each posty if that.
I would just go down to the post office and tell them I was waiting in for the post and watched the posty drop the card without even having the parcel on his bike.
I think it must come down to apathy on the part of the particular postmaster.
My local office is family run and diligent.
Old 22-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Rob_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenchris View Post
Odd isn't it?
I've never had a complaint with any postal service.
There has been the occasional lazy posty who dropped off a card instead of knocking, but it only happened once with each posty if that.
I would just go down to the post office and tell them I was waiting in for the post and watched the posty drop the card without even having the parcel on his bike.
I think it must come down to apathy on the part of the particular postmaster.
My experience exactly, wherever I've lived. Amazing service really considering the logistical difficulties of delivering mail across such a vast sparsely-populated continent. It's easy to put the boot in for a few bad experiences but it's like branding IIS a joke because from time to time there might be a few idiots on it!

Cheers -
Old 22-11-2014, 10:59 AM
csb (Craig)

Hmm, very tactful, Rob. I'm still red-faced from some ravings. Overall a decent and civil forum crowd.

I've also mainly had good to excellent service from Aus Post.

Has anyone noticed the advice that Andrews Communications has posted on their website:

"Please do not write <fragile> on anything you send to us as doing so greatly increases the risk of damage."

Not sure of course but probably most people use Aus Post when returning items.
Old 22-11-2014, 11:52 AM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp9au View Post
Cheers
Chris
I have complained by e-mail and telephone. In both cases, there was a followup within three days.
Old 22-11-2014, 05:37 PM
pluto (Hugh)
Astro Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenchris View Post
My local post office is in Kings Cross and they don't give a... well you get the picture...