Old 22-10-2010, 12:58 PM
sasup (Stacey)
Quick look up

camera help

Has anyone used one of these to take photos with? I have a goto dob and thought I would like to try some quick shots and this one does up to 3mins time lapse plus I can take it surfing. If this is totally stupid be gentle its my birthday

Casio's Exilim EX-G1 is designed with style and endurance to last the elements of the ages, and the lifestyle elements of endurance - shock, dirt, humidity, temperature, snow, water proof. With the Exilim EX-G1, users can take powerful time lapse photography, the kind which is usually almost impossible to capture. The shooting interval can be set at 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, or 3 minutes, and the capture time for movies may be set at 3, 10, 20, or 30 minutes, enabling users to get great shots when an event changes over time such as in nature, science, and even sports.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (mainPhoto.jpg)
67.5 KB18 views
Old 22-10-2010, 04:15 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

Its not so much the camera but whether you can attach it to the dob focuser, motorize the dob (short shots) or put the dob on an EQ Platform (longer exposures) I think the best you are going to be able to do are afocal shots (hold the camera up to the eyepiece) of Jupiter, Saturn, Moon (very short shots).
Old 22-10-2010, 05:26 PM
sasup (Stacey)
Quick look up

ok thanks for that. I have just put the servocat on and have this camera so I thought it might do. I guess i'll buy a to you cam and mount that
Old 22-10-2010, 06:13 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

You will definitely have fun with that. Great setup for planetary imaging. Have you seen the How To? Astrophotography with a Dob and Planetary Imaging and Image Processing?
Old 23-10-2010, 08:49 PM
sasup (Stacey)
Quick look up

im on it now thanks