Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 12-10-2008, 01:14 PM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

Green NGC 2070 - Canon DSLR - how to best adjust colour?

I am pondering why certain shots taken on a C9.25 -> Lumicon OAG (+ focal reducer) -> Hutech LPS filter -> Canon 400D leave rather green or blue effects and how to adjust this?

So below is a 6 minute shot of NGC 2070 (unguided, through clouds sorry, with only Photoshop CS2 level and curves applied). I generally randomly do a colour correct last in Photoshop (and guess) to create an effect like teh second attachment (a 240 second shot of the same).

Instead of being red / pink its blue / green. I have adjusted the white balance on the camera to Fluroesence Temp 3200 Celcius I believe and on the Camera driver shift the white balance to +9 +9 red and amber (trying to minimise Blue and green as far as possible).

Is there anything else that can be done so RAW shots don't come out looking pond green colured?

Otherwise - what colour adjustment routine would folk most recommend either in MaximDL or Photoshop or DeepSkyStacker to correct this outome?

Many thanks

Matthew
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC 2070 360 secs small PS2.jpg)
150.9 KB37 views
Click for full-size image (NGC 2070 240 secs PS1 small.JPG)
136.1 KB33 views

Last edited by g__day; 12-10-2008 at 01:28 PM.