Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers

Old 28-07-2020, 04:13 PM
leon

Getting Back into Processing Raw Data MAYBE

Hi Guys,

I have heaps of Raw Data Images of different deep space objects on my Computer that i have already processed in Image Plus some many years ago, with very good results.

It has been so long ago that I have used Image Plus I have actually forgotten how to use it.

I do have a reasonably upgraded version but as i mention earlier i have a bit of trouble getting my head around it.

A very long time ago, someone here on IIS emailed me two pages of information that had the steps of how to go about the whole process from Raws to Combined Files and how to tweak the finished product.this process.

Just wondering if that member is still here and can remember sending this to me.

Or maybe There is an athor program not to hard for a 70+ years old bugger to handle

Leon
Old 28-07-2020, 09:59 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

Hi Leon,
What kind of raw files and from what camera.? If they are DSLR raw that DSS reads then just stack em in default settings and export as Raymo does.

Tell us more

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Hi Guys,

I have heaps of Raw Data Images of different deep space objects on my Computer that i have already processed in Image Plus some many years ago, with very good results.

It has been so long ago that I have used Image Plus I have actually forgotten how to use it.

I do have a reasonably upgraded version but as i mention earlier i have a bit of trouble getting my head around it.

A very long time ago, someone here on IIS emailed me two pages of information that had the steps of how to go about the whole process from Raws to Combined Files and how to tweak the finished product.this process.

Just wondering if that member is still here and can remember sending this to me.

Or maybe There is an athor program not to hard for a 70+ years old bugger to handle

Leon
Old 28-07-2020, 10:01 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

Also try a free trial of Astro Pixel Processor and follow the steps on the left hand pane in number order
Old 29-07-2020, 06:06 AM
leon

Hi Ray, the Raws are from a DSLR Canon 5D.
You say stack them in DSS, what may I ask is DSS.

Leon
Old 29-07-2020, 08:27 AM
Sunfish (Ray)

Deep sky stacker. It is free to download and everyone here uses it. It should import raw DSLR files directly. If it doesn’t there is probably is a freely available add on for your particular camera raw format. Google it.

Import your files Into DSS . Then click register with out stacking and if there are any without many stars , Remove those as bad. Check each one and remove any with bad or elongated stars.

Then check register and stack. You can export as a 16 bit tiff to fine tune in photo shop or as other types of files after stretching and aligning the peaks of the colours. The basic stack is auto saved.

Give it a whirl .
Old 29-07-2020, 04:39 PM
leon

Opps, I should have known that Ray, thanks indeed.

I have just downloaded the free trial of Astro pixel Processor, now that looks a bit scary.

Anyway I will have a play with both, thanks again.

Leon
Old 30-07-2020, 06:51 AM
leon

Hi Ray, well I did try and navigate around this program, Astro Pixel Processor and have to admit I had no idea, I suppose I will get there eventually.
Might have to find a Tutorial of sorts to help me along.

Leon