Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2018, 09:23 AM
glend (Glen)

Heart Attack Sale - Update

Yes this group sale is still on. I withdrew the original ad for review but it is now proceeding. I have tried to get back to the original respondents via PM. I have included prices, which were not in the original ad.

Here is the the equipment for sale:

- Celestron Edge HD 8, about 3 year old, plus accessories - there is one buyer interested at this time, he would have priority. Price is $800 firm.

- Skywatcher MN190 f5.3 Mak-Newt, this is the original version with the small 52mm secondary. Current new models have the larger 63mm secondary. Original version offers smaler central obstruction/improved contrast. Comes with a Moonlight focuser and MN190 adaptor installed. Price is $1600 with the Moonlight, or $1300 if you want the stock focuser re-installed. There is one buyer interested at this time, he would have priority.

http://www.focuser.com/products/focu...-universal.jpg

- 10" f5 Custom Imaging Newt, six Carbon tubes structure on hexagonal stations. Comes with a rudimentary Lycra shroud. Build thread photos are here if your interested:

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...t=imaging+newt

Price for the 10" imaging newt is starting at $650 but open to offers.

There maybe others offered in coming weeks. Be aware that these scopes are offered on a "Local Pickup" basis, as I am not well enough to deliver, package/ship, etc. Pickup would be at Lake Macquarie near Morisset NSW (south of Newcastle). Inpsection is welcome, but you will have to do the lifting and carrying as they are all presently stored in my dry room. You can try them out on my observatory mount (CGX) by arrangement.

PM me here is interested.
Thanks
Glen
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (MN190-universal.jpg)
106.3 KB204 views

Last edited by glend; 11-08-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:49 AM
glend (Glen)

My apologies to those waiting for me to get back to them. The sale of two scopes is being held up by a buyer wanting a certain type of sky for testing them. If you have expressed interest in the SW MN190 or the Celestron Edge HD8, I should have responded to you regarding where you stand. Sorry for the delay but it's out of my control for now. If the first in queue buyers of these scopes do not proceed in the next couple of days I will move onto the next buyer interested.
Thanks for your patience.
Glen
Old 11-08-2018, 12:25 PM
casstony

In the circumstances maybe the first buyer should just collect the scopes at the bargain price instead of mucking you around - or let the next guy have 'em.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Wavytone

Hi Tony I was hoping to see them tonight but the weather has flapped up - we have a cold front going through this afternoon and last night we had burnoffs everywhere north of Sydney and central coast, which stuffs the seeing good and proper. Probably will decide Monday night.

Price isn't the issue - want to see what they are like optically. I've seen some good'uns, and bad'uns...

Last edited by Wavytone; 11-08-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Wavytone

OK I'll pass on the Skywatcher 190 - so someone is IMHO going to get something very nice. From the details Glen sent, this is an ideal scope for someone getting into AP as it is fully sorted out and ready to rock, just add your own camera.

But I'm not into AP and not going to start now.

But still want to see the C8 Monday.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:21 PM
glend (Glen)

Perfectly clear up here the last few night's. No smoke.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:26 PM
RB (Andrew)

A reminder to all that this is a sale thread and unless you're directly interested in purchasing or have a genuine question about the items then please refrain from posting comments.

RB