Old 04-01-2010, 09:26 PM
AlexN
Tunnel Vision

Constant smile all day mate... ear to ear!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:10 PM
RobF (Rob)
Mostly harmless...

Looks like a beautiful piece of work Alex.

Good to see you getting darks together while the clouds are around. Looks like we might just get some stars this Fri night according to Skippy. I wish Astroforecast.org would stay up - its nice to be able to see far enough ahead to know there's at least ONE night over the next week you can bother setting up for....

Last edited by RobF; 05-01-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:30 PM
AlexN
Tunnel Vision

All I have left to do for the dark library is the 20min and 30min frames at bin 1, and 5min/10min Bin2 frames.. then I'm set..

Hopefully i'll get a chance to point it at the sky before too long mate... Im itchin to get it out there!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Manav (Yugant)
Resident Rigel fanboy

Congrats on your new purchase! Just goes to show the amount of learning and detail present in astrophotography as a hobby. Good luck with the next session and hopefully you'll capture some nice images! Don't forget the PNe's!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 PM
rnl (Richard)

be careful not to use the "fast" download in Maxim (if you are using that software). I did and had "amp glow" on the st8300m photos and darks. Matt Thomas at SBIG told me that when "fast" is enabled the amp stays on.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:21 PM
AlexN
Tunnel Vision

Thanks Yugant, Yeah once you move to a mono camera there is SO much to learn.. things like the fact that the thickness of a filter will affect the spacing between your flattener/sensor etc.. I never would have thought that... There is still so much to learn, but I guess that's what keeps me keen..

Richard, Thanks for that mate, got it covered.. I never have the download speed on fast.. I'm not concerned about a few seconds longer to download an image.. Its faster than my Orion SS Pro/QHY8/ST10 to download an image even at normal download speed...