Old 14-04-2016, 11:38 PM
jwheel69 (Joe Wheelock)

off-axis guider question

Greetings from the USA,

I posted the following question on the cloudy nights forum yesterday but I have not received a response yet. Maybe someone from "Down Under" could help me out:

I am looking into purchasing an off-axis guider and I have a question. I use a focal reducer and I think that I have found the proper adapter that I need to use the reducer with the guider. Here is the order of the set up That I plan to use:
Camera (Canon450D)- guider- adapter-focal reducer-telecope

The reducer is a Celestron F/6.3 and I use a C-14 (non-edge) with a 2-inch moonlite focuser. The guider I may get has 48mm threads and the reducer threads are 42mm (standard t-threads I think) I believe that this is the adapter that I need:

http://agenaastro.com/blue-fireball-...pter-t-07.html

If a picture of my current setup would help I can post one.

Additionally I took a trip to Australia last Aug. and it was an experience that I will never forget!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joe Wheelock
Fort Davis, TX
USA
Old 15-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

G'day Joe

The thing you've got to watch is the back focus consumed by the OAG and Moonlite together, as neither are short. I believe the recommended back focus for the f/6.3 reducer is 105mm but I could be wrong.

The thread on the camera side of the reducer should be standard 2" SCT thread, so as long as the OAG has M48 male on scope side then that adapter should work.

What OAG are you looking at?
Old 16-04-2016, 04:47 AM
jwheel69 (Joe Wheelock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
G'day Joe

The thing you've got to watch is the back focus consumed by the OAG and Moonlite together, as neither are short. I believe the recommended back focus for the f/6.3 reducer is 105mm but I could be wrong.

The thread on the camera side of the reducer should be standard 2" SCT thread, so as long as the OAG has M48 male on scope side then that adapter should work.

What OAG are you looking at?
This one:

http://www.cloudynights.com/classifi...f-axis-guider/

and I have ordered the proper adapter.

Thanks!