Old 24-03-2020, 01:55 PM
RugbyRene (Rene)

Eta Carina

Hi all,

Well here is image number 2. This time of Eta Carina. Still not happy with the processing but it's all all earning experience.

Regards,

Rene
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Eta Car Final_CC.jpg)
224.4 KB76 views
Old 24-03-2020, 05:54 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Looks very good to me. Well done.
Old 24-03-2020, 08:09 PM
RyanJones

An excellent image Rene, well done. If you’re anything like the rest of us, the moment you start becoming happy with your processing you’ll change something in your imaging train such as a filter or different scope and you’ll have to change it all up again. If I can give you or any other new imagers any advice and really I think this should extend to everything that anyone does in their life, understand what it is you’re changing and why. Don’t just do something because other people do it, understand it and apply it with your own discretion. You’re off to a cracking start so we’ll done.
Old 25-03-2020, 03:10 AM
Ant0nio (Tony)
Quid Clarius Astris

Hi Rene,
Looks like you have some decent data to work with there. Looking at the histogram it's fairly clipped at the black & white points
which limits the details in both your highlights & shadows, otherwise a credible image. What software are you using for processing?
Cheers,
Tony
Old 25-03-2020, 04:33 PM
RugbyRene (Rene)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant0nio View Post
Hi Rene,
Looks like you have some decent data to work with there. Looking at the histogram it's fairly clipped at the black & white points
which limits the details in both your highlights & shadows, otherwise a credible image. What software are you using for processing?
Cheers,
Tony
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I could see it's been clipped. I'm using Startools at the moment. I think I prefer Pixinsight but due the exchange rate, it's far too expensive and I've already used up my trial licence.

I'll keep using Startools and try to perfect my post techniques. I've got plenty of time om my hands!

Rene