Old 15-05-2012, 04:57 PM
hotspur (Chris)

40D with 90'000 a'c'tions-what's it worth.

Talking with a pro tog yesterday,always nice to exchange chit chat with another camera gear collector in the local district.She mentioned she had a 40D with well over 90'000 images taken-she asked what it worth,I had no idea-but with that many movements,I'd suspect not a huge amount-it needs a major sensor clean.

I ponder what would be a price,as I thought these 40D were very good managing noise,and wondered if it would be worth purchasing for purely astro work-I'm not fond of attaching my 50D on the scope these days-as it earns money for me taking wildlife images.

What would be an approx price for this 40D? is it just too much of a risk,even at a nominal amount? a proper canon refurb would not be cheap.

Any thoughts H? (or other canon users)

thanks Chris
Old 15-05-2012, 05:16 PM
JB80 (Jarrod)
Aussie abroad.

The 40D is rated with a shutter life of 100,000 so it's not a long way off that of course that may not be it's actual life but if it does go I have read it's upwards of $300 for a replacement.
Not sure it helps but it's something to consider.
Old 15-05-2012, 06:07 PM
hotspur (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB80 View Post
The 40D is rated with a shutter life of 100,000 so it's not a long way off that of course that may not be it's actual life but if it does go I have read it's upwards of $300 for a replacement.
Not sure it helps but it's something to consider.

thanks Jarrad-yes the shutter,its a large amount to replace-guess my friend has a neat looking paper weight.