Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions

Old 07-03-2018, 09:17 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

I'll have to take a few pix then, it's small and slightly messy but works ok over here. As it is inside a small fenced off area and quite well protected it's probably a bit lightweight in construction for some Aussie conditions. but it lets me go out and be ready to image within 10-15 minutes. I quite often fire it up just for a quick solar session, All over and done with in less than 30 mins.

I paid just under $2000 NZ for my mount about 5 years ago. Seemed in pretty good order at the time but I fried the main board about two years ago trying to get better PC control and I've rebuilt the hand controller after some buttons became a bit erratic. They still seem to be fetching around the same price over here but the market is small and they don't come up very often so not comparable with the bigger Aust market I'd say.

Mount now sits on an up ended 10" concrete pipe filled with rocks and concrete. It's secured to a 3-4 tonne concrete slab that was in the backyard when we bought the place. The slab is cemented to the volcanic rock base of the extinct ( we hope ) volcano in Mt Albert, Auckland. So far it has not moved an iota !!

Cheers
Brent