Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-08-2020, 10:18 AM
Paul Haese

I think I preferred the original image Greg. The palette looked better to me. It's a target I really need to have a go at. Do you have the RA and Dec for it?
Old 13-08-2020, 10:28 AM
Bart
Don't have a cow, Man!

Lovely stuff, Greg. Very blue.
Old 13-08-2020, 09:04 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
I've looked at this several times since you posted it Greg and I have to say it's a pleasure seeing something different and something that's difficult to image. So on that score alone, well done! I actually prefer your original processing. It's quite compelling and I particularly like the structure visible in the fainter extents.

I'll be honest though and say that the reprocessed version seems to have obliterated the structure in those fainter extents. Colours notwithstanding, the reprocessed version would benefit greatly if you could restore that structural detail.

Cheers, Marcus
That's fine Marcus I feel the same way myself. I think I will reprocess this from the ground up and see if I can get a better version of the first. It has been a bear to process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
I think I preferred the original image Greg. The palette looked better to me. It's a target I really need to have a go at. Do you have the RA and Dec for it?
I agree Paul. I will yet again repro this one. I did do a similar version to the first the other night but the star blend was off. I'll get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Lovely stuff, Greg. Very blue.
Cheers Bart.
Old 14-08-2020, 08:54 AM
Ryderscope (Rodney)

I find myself coming back to this Greg as I feel that the original image has a lot going for it. It has certainly generated a lot of discussion to be sure. Whilst I agree that the stars have been pushed the detail in the nebula and the structures revealed are amazing. You have inspired me to add this one to my hit list.
Old 15-08-2020, 08:59 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
I find myself coming back to this Greg as I feel that the original image has a lot going for it. It has certainly generated a lot of discussion to be sure. Whilst I agree that the stars have been pushed the detail in the nebula and the structures revealed are amazing. You have inspired me to add this one to my hit list.
Thanks Pete. Yes the first was the better image overall for detail and extent of the nebula.

I haven't given up reprocessing this one yet. I may be able to get the best of both worlds on this one still.

Greg.
Old 21-08-2020, 11:09 AM
tornado33

Very impressive indeed. Images like these rival multi metre diameter professional observatory scope not that long ago.
The tilt you mention must only be those slightly larger stars at extreme bottom right? Barely noticeable. With my Baader MPCC coma corrector ( old mk1) any tilt results in elongated or comatic stars not just larger stars. Larger format cameras sure are unforgiving but nice to have
Scott
Old 24-08-2020, 09:59 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado33 View Post
Very impressive indeed. Images like these rival multi metre diameter professional observatory scope not that long ago.
The tilt you mention must only be those slightly larger stars at extreme bottom right? Barely noticeable. With my Baader MPCC coma corrector ( old mk1) any tilt results in elongated or comatic stars not just larger stars. Larger format cameras sure are unforgiving but nice to have
Scott
Thanks for the compliments Scott.
That tilt was corrected at some point.
As I recall its only some of the exposures that have it.
I have tilt pretty much under control in my scopes.

Greg
Old 29-08-2020, 09:23 AM
topheart

Wow!
A spectacular rendition of a very difficult target!
Well done Greg!
Cheers,
Tim
Old 29-08-2020, 04:34 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheart View Post
Wow!
A spectacular rendition of a very difficult target!
Well done Greg!
Cheers,
Tim
Thanks Tim. A tough one to process for sure. I have spent a large amount of time and many variations on this one. More data when it comes around again in about 4 months?

Greg.
Old 29-08-2020, 05:07 PM
topheart

Yeah, it is a wet season target for me, so I've never had clear enough skies to attempt it