Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Nightscapes

Old 19-07-2018, 06:12 AM
Paramount

Ribblehead Viaduct Time Lapse

I spent the night at Ribblehead Viaduct last night shooting some time lapse, star trails and an animated star trail. After selling my telescope gear (no space to use it since moving to Harrogate), I used some of the money to buy myself a hiking trailer and a drone. The trailer means that I can carry more kit with me without making my back and joints worse than they already are, after a bit of research online I got a Benpacker Trek from Benpacker in Germany and this was my first outing with it. I wanted to get to the viaduct before it was dark to shoot some drone footage of the area and while I was waiting for it to get dark a young couple (Ben and Sinead) and their dog came along and we got talking about cameras, drones and the night sky and before we knew it over an hour had passed. The time lapse and star trails were shot on my Sony A7Sii with a Samyang 12mm f2.8 fisheye lens with exposures of 30 seconds at ISO6400. For the drone footage I used some of the quick shot modes and active track (me leaving the site in the morning). This is a particularly nice dark site that is easy to get to by train although it never really got fully dark last night as it's still mid summer, I plan on coming back here in the autumn and winter months. The area is really scenic and apart from the occasional bleating of the sheep in the distance it was absolutely silent.
The video can be seen at the following link on my YouTube channel and it is available in 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLc93QN1_W4&t=20s
Old 19-07-2018, 06:58 AM
JA

Well done , very enjoyable

Best
JA
Old 20-07-2018, 07:17 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Nice one - no Settle to Carlisle steam train pass through for you?

Cheers

Dennis
Old 20-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Paramount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Nice one - no Settle to Carlisle steam train pass through for you?

Cheers

Dennis
Hi Dennis
Actually, yes one did. It was earlier in the evening when I was chatting with some passers by, coming from Carlisle. I managed to get a quick clip on my mobile phone
Best wishes
Gordon
Old 20-07-2018, 07:30 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramount View Post
Hi Dennis
Actually, yes one did. It was earlier in the evening when I was chatting with some passers by, coming from Carlisle. I managed to get a quick clip on my mobile phone
Best wishes
Gordon
Thanks Gordon, we have walked under there many a time on our numerous wanderings, when we lived in Leeds.

Cheers

Dennis