Old 17-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Profiler (Profiler)

Samsumg SCB-4000 Any Good in 2013?

Hello All

I am looking to take the plunge into trying Astro Video and have been doing some research on the web.

One camera which has come up on various forums/post as being well regarded and excellent value for money is the Samsung SCB-4000.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Day_Night.html

However, most of the posts I have found date back to 2011 so I am wondering whether (in the context of ever progressing technology with increasingly cheaper prices) it is still considered good value for money in 2013?

I understand there are certainly other top tier/better brands and models such as Mallicam etc but I am primarily curious to know what folks may think of this Samsung camera today in comparison to more contemporary offerings such as the GStar-EX2 or the new astro video camera from Orion which appears to be a clone of the Mallicam Jr.

Any advice, suggestions would be very welcome.
Old 18-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Star Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
Hello All

I am looking to take the plunge into trying Astro Video and have been doing some research on the web.

One camera which has come up on various forums/post as being well regarded and excellent value for money is the Samsung SCB-4000.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Day_Night.html

However, most of the posts I have found date back to 2011 so I am wondering whether (in the context of ever progressing technology with increasingly cheaper prices) it is still considered good value for money in 2013?

I understand there are certainly other top tier/better brands and models such as Mallicam etc but I am primarily curious to know what folks may think of this Samsung camera today in comparison to more contemporary offerings such as the GStar-EX2 or the new astro video camera from Orion which appears to be a clone of the Mallicam Jr.

Any advice, suggestions would be very welcome.
Mate, I have a GStar EX which IMHO, outranks that Samsung model. They have been proven over time and unless you can afford a Malincam Extreme, the Gstar EX2 mono will do everything you want and then some!.