Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers

Old 08-02-2017, 09:59 AM
On the edge (Michael Novak)

Question How to copy and save screenshots from Starry Night ProPlus 7

Hi all,
I can't seem to find in the user manual how to save a screenshot as a image file or video file (Animation ) to use in Powerpoint or Adobe premier.
Help would be appreciated.:
Old 08-02-2017, 10:14 AM
JA

Hi T,

Ok.... with the image on the screen AND as large as possible, for maximum resolution,
1. PRESS the PRT Sc (Print Screen) button, usually situated above the home/end/page up/page down/Delete/Insert block of keys on a standard keyboard. This copies the image into a buffer for use in another program.

2. Open the program in which you'd like to use your image: Microsoft Paint, Word, Power point etc.... and select "Paste" or Sometimes "Special Paste" or good old "Control V" to insert the image in to the document, file etc....

It is well to remember that the image is a copy of whatever was on the screen at the time, so make sure the image is as large as possible on the screen and that the screen is set to the maximum supported resolution in the Windows screen settings. Microsoft Paint is a useful initial cropping tool for your image and will work to produce an image of various required formats, in case your application doesn't accept it directly as a paste from "Print Screen".

BUT for Adobe Premiere Pro (Video editing) there should be a direct image /frame grab tool that outputs the video frame as typically a JPEG to a file. I know this is the case for Pinnacle Studio and I imagine the same for Adobe. In any event, the process above will always work, which can be useful on trial software which often (sometimes ?) will not allow any printed output or saving of files.

EDIT: Added You tube Link to Adobe Premiere Pro Frame Grab / Export:

Have fun,

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 08-02-2017 at 10:29 AM. Reason: EDIT: Added You tube Link to Adobe Premiere Pro Frame Grab / Export:
Old 09-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TassieLX90 View Post
Hi all,
I can't seem to find in the user manual how to save a screenshot as a image file or video file (Animation ) to use in Powerpoint or Adobe premier.
Help would be appreciated.:
Hi Michael

I’m running SNP Pro Plus Version 7.5.5.1108.

Select “Help” from the Menu Bar.
Select “User Guide”.

On pages 120 & 121 you should find the information to help with Exporting Images and making Movies, although it looks like you will need the “QuickTime” application to run the movies.

Hope that gets you going.

Cheers

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (SNP Image File Help.JPG)
188.5 KB45 views
Click for full-size image (SNP Movies Help.JPG)
169.2 KB42 views
Old 16-02-2017, 09:10 AM
On the edge (Michael Novak)

How to copy and save screenshots from Starry Night ProPlus 7

Hi JA, Dennis,
Many thanks for the support all good now with your help!
Regards
Michael