Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 23-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Marios (Marios)

Skywatcher 6" Dobsonian Telescope + Free 2 x Barlow. Just $250

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzU4WDUwMA...NSttvg/$_3.JPG

Selling due to upgrade to bigger scope. PICK UP DANDENONG, S.E Melbourne.
This pre owned Telescope will not disappoint it is in great condition with no marks. I have seen some amazing views of Nebulae and planets not to mention some great astrophotography of the moon.
Included with the scope is the standard 25mm,10mm eyepieces, I am also throwing in a free 2 x Barlow that will double the magnification of the eyepieces. Current retail price of scope is $385 AUD.
Selling Price $200 Pickup Only.

Details:

The Skywatcher 6" Dobsonian Telescope is a Dobsonian telescope - a great "bang for your buck" scope, it has a large 6 inch aperture size (diameter of the primary (objective) mirror. Dobsonian telescopes like this one are popular amongst amateur astronomers for being able to get large aperture sizes at affordable price points. Larger than most telescopes - they typically measure up to 120cm in height, telescopes like the Skywatcher 6" Dobsonian Telescope are powerful, easy to use, and straightforward.

Tension Control Handles for Steady Movement

Its "paraboloidal" primary mirror eliminates spherical aberration and a four-arm, secondary- mirror bracket with fine supports (0.5mm thick) works to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss. In addition, this model include a 2" focuser with a 1.25" adapter, allowing the use of either eyepiece size. This model also include the new feature-tension control handle.

The Skywatcher 6" Dobsonian Telescope includes the new feature-tension control handle. The secret of the design is to correctly balance the optical tube with special designed handles on the base. The design adds enough friction and tension to allow the tube to move easily when nudged but to stay in position when not. Users can easily add or reduce tension by turning on the handle. This feature solves the common balance problem found on many Dobsonians.

Skywatcher 6" Dobsonian Telescope SW580 Features:
- Large 6" aperture offers outstanding light gathering ability
- Excellent optics with paraboloidal primary mirror to eliminate spherical aberration
- Very user friendly with simple scope movement
- Four-arm, secondary- mirror bracket with fine supports (0.5mm thick) to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss.
- 2" focuser with a 1.25" adapter, allowing the use of either eyepiece size.
- New feature-tension control handle.

Last edited by Marios; 23-12-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 23-12-2013, 03:15 PM
ha421 (Zbyszek)

Dob size

PM sent
Old 23-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Marios (Marios)

Definatley a SIX inch DOB my good fellow .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ha421 View Post
PM sent
Old 23-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Joves (Aaron)

Yep, certainly looks like a 6" DOB to me. Good value, I'd reckon. I've heard great things about these!