ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-04-2015, 11:58 AM
JLX (Jason)

Afordable 8" RC Telescope Case

Hi there,

I've recently got the GSO 8" RC telescope from a fellow user, it's a very nice telescope, but ever since the day I got it, I was looking for a decent and affordable carry case/ bag for it.
I've looked at the peclican cases and the ones that will fit the telescope was just way out of my budget. Searching through the forum, I saw some of you guys suggesting give Bunnings a try.

So, today I went down to Bunnings and a Tactix 2 in 1 rolling tool box for only $85.00

It's big enough to fit the 8" telescope (with the focuser detached) and plenty of other equipments. It also come with a smaller tool box to fit say a guide scope!

And all this for $85.00! I just need to get some foam to make sure the telescope stays secure in side the box and im all set!

That do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (box-1-3.jpg)
76.2 KB39 views
Click for full-size image (box-2-3.jpg)
143.5 KB51 views
Old 27-04-2015, 06:04 PM
eddiedunlop (Martin)

Great solution there Jason. You should be able to get plenty of foam from an electronics outfit like Bing Lee. I used a glue gun to attach it to the insides of the case when I did a similar job.