Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23-05-2020, 10:33 AM
wavelandscott (Scott)
Plays well with others!

Skywatcher SolarQuest

Being in “lockdown” since mid-March and having NEAF postponed has created a deficit in my astronomy gear buying heart so I dipped into my wallet and ordered a Skywatcher SolarQuest Mount for my solar telescope.

It arrived today.

I have not had a chance to fire it up yet but I am hoping this weekend will give me a sunny day to give it a go. With luck it will work as advertised.
Old 23-05-2020, 12:10 PM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelandscott View Post
Being in “lockdown” since mid-March and having NEAF postponed has created a deficit in my astronomy gear buying heart so I dipped into my wallet and ordered a Skywatcher SolarQuest Mount for my solar telescope.

It arrived today.

I have not had a chance to fire it up yet but I am hoping this weekend will give me a sunny day to give it a go. With luck it will work as advertised.
Enjoy Scott.
My DayStar Quark Combo, Hydrogen Alpha Solar Filter, kit is still stuck in some USPS Ware House somewhere in the good old USA,with NO sign of any movement for nearly a month
Mind you with little Solar activity, and cloudy days, not much solar viewing to do anyway.
Cheers

Last edited by astroron; 23-05-2020 at 12:23 PM.
Old 25-05-2020, 10:57 AM
wavelandscott (Scott)
Plays well with others!

Got a chance to play with the SolarQuest this afternoon. Once I got powered up it worked a treat.

It is one of the few things I have purchased that worked right out of the box. Happy so far...it is not a necessity to use for solar viewing but it sure made setting up and viewing a snap.

I had my Lunt on the SolarQuest and we had another scope with a white light filter set up side by side just for fun. I find it amazing how hard it can sometimes be to find the sun without the right tools but the SolarQuest took all that mucking around away.