ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Maxim DL and TPoint

Hello everyone!

This morning I caved in and bought TheSkyX and TPoint, more specifically just wanted to have TPoint more so than TSX but it's useful as I have discovered. I have only ever used Maxim DL in the past and never had any issues. Did a lot of searching and using TPoint was going to be a lot more useful than MaxPoint in the long run.

I have done some Googling but haven't found any straight forward answer, I am near certain that it won't work (tried to this afternoon in my lounge room) but is there any way to use Maxim DL (for camera function) and TPoint without having to buy the Camera add on for TSX? Just trying to see if I can get away with not having to spend another $250 odd. I have managed to get Maxim DL to control my EQ6 Pro through TSX (through ASCOM) but I am hoping that there may potentially be a way to do the reverse with the camera functions.

Is there anyone that can give me good news? Or do I have to spend more money
Old 06-07-2015, 02:09 PM
frolinmod

Not and use the excellent built-in automated calibration within TheSkyX. All camera related functions in TheSkyX require the Camera Add On license even if the actual bottom line camera is Maxim DL's camera, an ASCOM camera or what have you.

You can do it by using a third party automated calibration utility called AAG TpointMapper, but it is not as good as the built-in one in TheSkyX.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolinmod View Post
Not and use the excellent built-in automated calibration within TheSkyX. All camera related functions in TheSkyX require the Camera Add On license even if the actual bottom line camera is Maxim DL's camera, an ASCOM camera or what have you.

You can do it by using a third party automated calibration utility called AAG TpointMapper, but it is not as good as the built-in one in TheSkyX.
Thanks,
Not what I wanted to hear but what I was expecting. Was hoping that I may be able to save some money without compromising functionality somehow.