Old 20-04-2018, 09:52 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Ob Maintenace

Being retired is GREAT ! Got some time to do some urgent maintenance to the Ob. When I built it 3-4 years ago I made the roof lightweight by using exterior ply panels with plenty of roof paint on them. But the weather has not been kind and they have a few leak issues, fortunately not in critical places but annoying.

So bought 5 x 2400 x .660 meter panels of UV resistant PVC corrugated roofing and secured them on top of the ply. Hardly noticeable weight gain ( I slide my roof halves apart by hand, very easy and simple ) and I've been able to engineer a better weather seal where the two meet in the middle.
Probably wouldn't stand up to some of the harsher conditions in Ausland but my location is pretty protected. No more wet carpet inside and it also gives an insulation gap layer on top for those hot days.

$104 and 3 hours work, well worth it.
Only problem is the panels came with 'Included Clouds'
Old 20-04-2018, 10:59 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

So now Brent do you wonder why you wasted so much of your life going to work☺
It is good to hear that you are addressing the important issues ... but for now I suggest you sit back and think for a couple of days as I fear you may have be a little too active.
Alex
Old 21-04-2018, 11:52 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

HI Alex, Nah ! had to work to get the $$$ to do this obsessive hobby.

And if you think that was too active then you should have seen my last three weeks with EBike events and the demo bikes setup in the support trailer, a couple of EBike enquiries and servicing issues, sorting out the Bank, my pension finances, the garden, firewood ordering and a heap of other things I've already forgotten. Some scope build stuff as well.

Now planning a sales push for the EBikes through the local retirement villages, you know, those old folk. I ain't got time to sit back.
Old 21-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Wilso

I thought that was the key to a good retirement.
Keep active and yourself busy! keep at it and enjoy.

I've still have 15+yrs to go but the gov seems intent putting the retirement age up so I'll have to wait and see