Old 08-02-2020, 10:37 PM
kkk26 (Chit Ko Ko)

Gitzo series 6 tripod alternative?

I was looking for CF tripod to be used with my imaging set up for Western Australia trip last year ( a few hours drive from Perth). My initial intention was to get Gitzo series 6 tripod. My set up was Takahashi EM-11 Temma 2Z with FSQ-85, some imaging gears. So 30-40 kg payload capacity tripod would be more than enough.
But Gitzo tripod price is so high (really not sure it's worth paying high price for a tripod in order to save some extra weight for travel), so I started looking for alternative "good quality" tripod with affordable price tag range as well as folded length (must be able to load into travel luggage).
There are many different branded CF tripods in the markets. After spent a few days on online reviews, I narrowed down to 2 brands which met my requirement

1) Xiletu L404C CF tripod (30Kg capacity) USD249
Weight: 2.58Kg

Max Load: 30Kg
Max Height: 159cm
Folded Length:58cm

2) Innorel RT90 CF tripod (40kg payload) USD 290
Weight:2.87Kg
Max Load: 40Kg
Max Height: 160cm
Folded Length: 59cm

Both tripod is listed in China website (AliExpress) and shipping charges (to Singapore) is free or top up a few bucks for faster shipping options.
I chose Innorel due to higher load capacity and purchased through "Innorel Technologies Co., Lt" online store in AliExpress. There are many sellers and I was really not sure about their background or record/feedback etc. So I closed eyes and chose direct seller which I thought easy for warranty or other issues follow up .

Tripod was delivered to me within 4 days! And to my surprise, it is well designed and beautifully made, all mechanism are smooth. Tripod hub was machined from solid aluminium. I was happy to get such tripod as well as saving $1000 (for Gitzo).

I brought it to WA for 9 days trip and worked well (photo was taken in WA). It is my travel tripod for all oversea trips.

note: I don't have any connection with both tripod manufacturer nor writing adv for them. I just share in case that would be useful info for some ISS members.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Innorel RT90.jpg)
79.6 KB37 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1207.jpg)
191.4 KB38 views
Old 09-02-2020, 01:06 AM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

Actually I do use a Gitzo, I have 2 but I have found they are not ideal for scopes, they are great for heavy DSLRs and long lenses on a Wimberley, but they flex too much with a scope for me.

It may sound strange but I prefer a decent alloy mount for my scopes
THIS is superb with a good fluid head

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giotto-Al...EAAOSwHU9ePp2c