Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #41  
Old 23-11-2019, 10:13 AM
JA
.....

JA is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
and a counter to that video aboe which is promoted by a Vegan with an agenda promoting a website funded by vegan interests

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/dea...e-by-veganism/
By all means those who are vegans go and live your vegan lifestyle but please stop the proselytising it will not "convert" people
Personally I eat less meat not because I'm adopting a vegan lifestyle or vegetarian lifestyle, but as I get older a balance or ALL nutrients is the way to go, not one way or the other, why can't we all just get along and not try to convert each other? this is no different to religious arguments.
Hello N,

Are you referring to me, when you say to "stop the proselytising" ?

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 23-11-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 23-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Nikolas's Avatar
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Nikolas is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Hello N,

Are you referring to me, when you say to "stop the proselytising" ?

Best
JA

No not at all, I'm referring to the vegans who proselytise. The ones who will not listen or tolerate non vegans.
None of what I said was directed to anyone in the forums
Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 23-11-2019, 07:04 PM
JA
.....

JA is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,482
Good to know. Thanks Nik.

Best
JA
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 26-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Mr.tristan (Tristan)
Registered User

Mr.tristan is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: LOWER MITCHAM
Posts: 7
So what exactly had this got to do with astronomy?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 26-11-2019, 11:30 AM
PCH's Avatar
PCH (Paul)
Registered User

PCH is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.tristan View Post
So what exactly had this got to do with astronomy?
For someone with hardly any posts, why would you choose to criticise anotherís post/thread. Itís in general chat and non-astronomy posts are allowed.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 26-11-2019, 12:00 PM
sharpiel (Les)
The Birdman

sharpiel is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH View Post
For someone with hardly any posts, why would you choose to criticise anotherís post/thread. Itís in general chat and non-astronomy posts are allowed.
Perfect
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 26-11-2019, 02:22 PM
PeterM's Avatar
PeterM
towards 2000 posts-slowly

PeterM is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SE Qld
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.tristan View Post
So what exactly had this got to do with astronomy?
Hehe, well yes, it is general chat, but no big deal in asking the question. Some 1300 reads and nearly 50 replies I was waiting for that question to pop up. For me they are the grab n go meal on the 3 hour trip out to our observing site at Leyburn. Where upon arrival I have the energy to roll the observatory roof off and turn the scope on then settle in until 3am...but other than that Hamburgers have nothing to do with Astronomy, or do they?..........

https://www.perthobservatory.com.au/...-the-hamburger

https://www.space.com/36525-first-space-hamburger.html

https://www.nasa.gov/content/space-cheeseburger

https://www.eater.com/2015/10/9/9487...-cheeseburgers

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/releases/20..._2002_155.html
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 26-11-2019, 06:54 PM
Nikolas's Avatar
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Nikolas is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
Hehe, well yes, it is general chat, but no big deal in asking the question. Some 1300 reads and nearly 50 replies I was waiting for that question to pop up. For me they are the grab n go meal on the 3 hour trip out to our observing site at Leyburn. Where upon arrival I have the energy to roll the observatory roof off and turn the scope on then settle in until 3am...but other than that Hamburgers have nothing to do with Astronomy, or do they?..........

https://www.perthobservatory.com.au/...-the-hamburger

https://www.space.com/36525-first-space-hamburger.html

https://www.nasa.gov/content/space-cheeseburger

https://www.eater.com/2015/10/9/9487...-cheeseburgers

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/releases/20..._2002_155.html

Best post yet!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 26-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Nikolas's Avatar
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Nikolas is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.tristan View Post
So what exactly had this got to do with astronomy?

I noticed a lot of one line posts that add nothing to any thread by you just today, seems to me like someone upping their post count
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 26-11-2019, 09:20 PM
rustigsmed's Avatar
rustigsmed (Russell)
Registered User

rustigsmed is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mornington Peninsula, Australia
Posts: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Best post yet!
haha classic post.

I did see some fake meat in the supermarket freezer this week - first time.

but realistically i think the future burger and chicken fast food scene will be grown in labs not in fields.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 27-11-2019, 09:57 AM
Bart's Avatar
Bart
Don't have a cow, Man!

Bart is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 755
Bring on the Star Trek replicator, that is what I'm waiting for.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 09:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Lunatico Astronomical
Advertisement
Astromechanics
Advertisement
OzScopes Authorised Dealer
Advertisement
Celestron Australia
Advertisement
SkyWatcher Australia
Advertisement
Meade Australia
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement