Old 13-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Screwdriverone (Chris)
I have detailed files....

Is an EOS Clip filter my only choice?

Hi All,

I am getting frustrated with the skyglow & noise and low Ha response of the Canon 1000D and while it still has an extended warranty, I dont really want to be modding it to remove the UV/IR filter.

Question is, will an Astronomik CLS/CCD EOS clip filter improve the sky glow situation and help with capturing from my backyard? I am a bit spoilt due to the fairly accurate polar alignment marks, WIFI, power and coffee etc, so journeys to the dark sites are off the cards for the moment

I have the MPCC in line now with the new focuser adaptor so I want to keep with the Canon for now until I look into a dedicated astro cam later on (maybe around tax time), so I am keen to find some better performance than what I got the other night with Omega Centauri subs which basically turned out all white once the 2 min subs were stacked.

Is there anything else that might help, or is the EOS clip my best bet?

Thanks

Chris
Old 13-03-2012, 02:54 PM
h0ughy (David)

i am having to use the CLS ccd clip in now - it works well. previously i was using the 2" filter
Old 13-03-2012, 03:02 PM
graham.hobart (Graham stevens)
DeepSkySlacker

CLS filter

I like mine on an unmodded Canon 1000d- I have taken 10 min subs above my roof line with some TV glare form within the house and it wasn't so bad, once you get used to the blue cast.
Seems to work well I think
Graz
Old 13-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Screwdriverone (Chris)
I have detailed files....

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
i am having to use the CLS ccd clip in now - it works well. previously i was using the 2" filter
Hmmm, OK, thanks Houghy, I wasnt sure if the CLS CCD was the right one or just the CLS is enough, but checking with the astronomik website, looks like the CLS CCD is on the cards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham.hobart View Post
I like mine on an unmodded Canon 1000d- I have taken 10 min subs above my roof line with some TV glare form within the house and it wasn't so bad, once you get used to the blue cast.
Seems to work well I think
Graz
Thanks Graham, might be the best short term solution I think, too much sky glow and without mod, all I seem to get on anything more than 3-4 mins is washed out sky with lovely details in the middle but no way of bringing it out....

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers

Chris