Old 13-12-2010, 11:09 PM
ngcles
The Observologist

Hi Suzy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
Les, thank you so much for your kind words, comments and encouragement. I feel extra special when you post on my obs, being as you are such a celebrity and so talented and all and I am your biggest fan. It's true, I can't wait for Les' articles in Aust. Sky & Telescope.
And many thanks for the 1000 post congrats. I feel privileged - you don't give away emoticons easily.
Well I'd give you another emoticon at this juncture, but there isn't one in the shop for "very, very embarrassed". So glad you enjoy the articles Suzy, but never, ever mistake me for a "celebrity". If/When I've got Liz Hurley on my arm, then I might change my mind but till then I'm just an experienced somewhat nerdy amateur who can string a few words together and use a spell-checker. The editor makes me look good!

Best,

Les D
Old 14-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngcles View Post
Hi Suzy,

Well I'd give you another emoticon at this juncture, but there isn't one in the shop for "very, very embarrassed". So glad you enjoy the articles Suzy, but never, ever mistake me for a "celebrity". If/When I've got Liz Hurley on my arm, then I might change my mind but till then I'm just an experienced somewhat nerdy amateur who can string a few words together and use a spell-checker. The editor makes me look good!

Best,

Les D

Best of luck with Liz Hurley, she's busy kissing Shane Warne and explaining it to the media. Liz will not make you look good ... nope. All you need is a big scope by your side
Here's the embarrassed emoticon you could have used (but that would make it three for you and a possible record ) And I hadn't even started yet on your fantastic work in the Astronomica book (one of my favs.) . I didn't mean to embarrass you , you're still a celebrity to me but .
Old 14-12-2010, 01:00 PM
orestis

Thanks Suzy for a great obs report and congratulations on your 1000th post.

Sounds like you had great night.Reading obs reports makes you feel like your right there observing with them.Hopefully it will clear up soon so I can post one of my own.

cheers Orestis
Old 14-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Suzy

Many thanks Malcolm. Oh, but to do an obs report like you - one day hopefully I'll get that good!

Thank you Orestis. I hope the weather clears up for you soon, I am missing your sketches and reports.

I observed the following last night while waiting for the Geminids meteor shower. I have edited my obs report to reflect the inclusion of M44 & fuzzy patch around M41 that I made comment on in my earlier postings. I also threw in last nights viewing of IC2602.
Old 14-12-2010, 04:56 PM
dannat (Daniel)
daniel

good work -i prefer the open clusters in binos - the beehive is very nice in dk skies, here is a photo

i thought i have skecthed this (am certain) but can't find it -having worked with bees & has a few hives it doesn't look like a hive, more of a fly swarm -though i do like the name
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (beehive_crop.jpg)
72.9 KB17 views
Old 14-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Suzy

Daniel, many many thanks for posting that pic!
Very interesting seeing the naked eye comparison from suburbia to dark sky. I can see a lot of the doubles in that naked eye pic - quite an awesome looking cluster in the sky for the lucky people who get to see it without any visual aid, that's for sure.