Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 11-04-2008, 09:35 PM
EzyStyles (Eric)
I HATE COMA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin66 View Post
Eric,
Don't be misled by some of the "artistic" colour rendering on astro shots.
We're getting brainwashed to look only for the "Oh Ahh".
The attached spectrum of ETA shows two large peaks, which are well above anything else.... these are Ha (6563)and Hb (4861), the Ha is red,red,red, and the Hb blue.
Very little if any OIII ( 4959/5007) So based on this spectrum, it would be 4 parts red to one part blue.
What I'm trying to get at is the end result will always be biased based on "perceptions" ( and the responce of the CCD!)
Thanks Ken. The OIII's are right behind the keyhole that patch and the rest is HA's.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:36 PM
EzyStyles (Eric)
I HATE COMA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin66 View Post
Eric,
Don't be misled by some of the "artistic" colour rendering on astro shots.
We're getting brainwashed to look only for the "Oh Ahh".
The attached spectrum of ETA shows two large peaks, which are well above anything else.... these are Ha (6563)and Hb (4861), the Ha is red,red,red, and the Hb blue.
Very little if any OIII ( 4959/5007) So based on this spectrum, it would be 4 parts red to one part blue.
What I'm trying to get at is the end result will always be biased based on "perceptions" ( and the responce of the CCD!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
yep completely crud and hopeless camera get rid of it asap ....... how much do you want for it
You've missed all the actions clive while being away on holidays lol... sold now