Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography

Old 10-02-2018, 08:46 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Shane
Thanks first of all.
Re t rings I went to Andrews to pick up an heq 5 and I purchased another t ring so there is one for the 80 mm and one for the eight inch...if they are not careful each will get fibre glassed in place or something..this is a different problem to the one covered earlier when getting the distance between the sensor and flattener...still need to see what is available ...the new t ring had a little play just like the first one...at the moment they basically work so I am into other aspects..need to put plugs and wiring on the battery and the new solar panel.
Alex
Old 10-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Shano592 (Shane)

No thanks for me! You supplied the artwork! Thank you.

A small solar panel is next on my list of many things. I have setup the main battery with switches and cigarette lighter plugs, USB ports etc. The smaller secondary is mainly used for dew control.

I know what you mean with the fiberglass. I think all T-Rings are made that way! I know mine is quite shaky.

If you need to get slightly out of ol' Sydney Town, you are always welcome at the Pony Club at Mangrove. Most new moons, someone is going there. This one, though, I think many are hoping for clear skies at Bretti, out of Gloucester.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:58 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Shane I have thought of the pony club but never got up there...I must do it soon.
Alex