Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Eyepieces, Barlows and Filters

Old 12-02-2018, 03:51 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

TAKAHASHI TOE and ABBE orthoscopics.

These are just some more of the new Takahashi TOE and Tak Orthoscopics I have been using in pairs with BVs too..compared to the KK Orthos (some pictured) they seem a little more super sharp, are better ergonomically ...and have the amazing clarity you find in a Delos, but in a small form factor at 42°.

I actually prefer to use the new Takahashi TOE 3.3mm Ortho 52° than my 3.5mm Delos on all objects .

The Tak orthos are simply put the sharpest eyepieces I've looked through across the field in all my scope types ..not by much, but when the seeing is special, I'll use them ahead of all else even Naglers, Deloi and Vixen NLVs, Dual EDs etc.

The TAK TOEs retail about $440 ..so about price of a Nagler ..and so far I prefer this fantastic sample of a TOE...

and Tak Orthos...at about $215 to $310 retail are above all else.. have INCREDIBLE CONTRAST and CLARITY...and NO scatter , important for Doubles and Planets...There a surprisingly heavy little EP too.

Give them a go if your after a super premium EP. With great optics ...and NOT obssessed by FOV...their UBER EYEPIECES...even if a bit pricey.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20180212_164209.jpg)
169.6 KB93 views
Click for full-size image (20180212_164143.jpg)
141.4 KB104 views
Click for full-size image (20180212_164240.jpg)
154.3 KB67 views

Last edited by bigjoe; 14-02-2018 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Adding e
Old 12-02-2018, 07:44 PM
Shark6
Vixen Optics, Japan

They certainly are sharp, the extra detail is easily noticeable though the narrower field means certain targets can't be seen in context with their surroundings.

The Tak Abbé 18 pair are my most used eyepieces.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:43 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

ol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark6 View Post
They certainly are sharp, the extra detail is easily noticeable though the narrower field means certain targets can't be seen in context with their surroundings.

The Tak Abbé 18 pair are my most used eyepieces.
Hi Shark6..Masa.

I can certainly see why you like that size ..they barlow extremely well ....the're heavier than they look....with a Vixen barlow for instance..you've got 9mm , or even 6mm with a 3x barlow etc!

Such a handy size, and with a big eye lens.

If I didnt have other KK ORTHOSCOPIC and TV ,Vixens EPs etc I'd get more of the set ..I may still do.
Enjoy.

bigjoe

Last edited by bigjoe; 12-02-2018 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Adding
Old 14-02-2018, 01:06 AM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Re Tak Abbe Orthoscopics

Great review on these incredible eyepieces..
http://www.astrotest.it/test-reports...bbe-eyepieces/
Equal or near so to the best ever perhaps!

bigjoe.
Old 14-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Allan

I also like the Tak Abbes a lot. It all started five years ago with a pair of 18’s and has slowly grown to a full set. It’s been five years of near continuos comparisons with a vast range of other minimum glass eyepieces. The Taks have bested everything with the exception of the ZAO II’s and in some respects the TMB SMC’s, but these are eyepieces costing three or four times more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (A1833397-3C5C-4A76-9068-58E01F2DDD03.jpg)
193.8 KB74 views
Old 14-02-2018, 07:51 PM
Wilso

Nice collection Joe,
Starting to drool now Allan.
The review on the 6mm Tak ortho was very good indeed. Nice read.
Have a hole in my eyepiece collection so I'll think I'll try an fill the void with the 9mm ortho instead of the 10mm Le .
Could be addictive

Cheers
Old 14-02-2018, 08:13 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
I also like the Tak Abbes a lot. It all started five years ago with a pair of 18’s and has slowly grown to a full set. It’s been five years of near continuos comparisons with a vast range of other minimum glass eyepieces. The Taks have bested everything with the exception of the ZAO II’s and in some respects the TMB SMC’s, but these are eyepieces costing three or four times more.

Great collection of the most superb EPs Allan!....pricey but worth every penny.

I too Allan have made comparisons with other high-end EPs and these TAK ABBES and the new sensational TOE Ortho 3.3mm have beat all else I have and can remember using ..even TV Plossls Nagler T6 can't compare ...maybe only 13mm t6 ..IMHO...

The great thing about these Tak Abbes and Toe I have found, is an almost total absence of SCATTER on bright Doubles and Planets..even the Deloi have some of that..not to mention the exceptional Clarity..

Makes all the difference to detect that faint companion or Festoon etc.

And yes Im purchasing the full set!

bigjoe.

Last edited by bigjoe; 14-02-2018 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Add
Old 14-02-2018, 08:33 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso View Post
Nice collection Joe,
Starting to drool now Allan.
The review on the 6mm Tak ortho was very good indeed. Nice read.
Have a hole in my eyepiece collection so I'll think I'll try an fill the void with the 9mm ortho instead of the 10mm Le .
Could be addictive

Cheers
Do so Wilso..I heard there even better than the legendary Tak LEs..and the lovely ergonomics , weighty....a premium feel all the way...and the TAK TOEs just as good, but easier to look through .

bigjoe.