xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leee View Post
I always keep a supply of stimulant handy, in case I see a snake,
which I also keep handy.

W.C. Fields
Hi I hope you are well.
It is amazing he came back..the dam was 300 mts away.
Here is a neat lizzard that stays outside.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20191204140700_resize_76.jpg)
73.5 KB43 views
Old 13-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Sunfish (Ray)

Bluey

Great wildlife.
Talking blue tongues this baby in the dianella has a beautiful camouflage pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (CBE25268-9C7A-447D-86F3-E0EEE76A10ED.jpeg)
179.8 KB43 views
Click for full-size image (CA1DF421-72C8-4EA8-B7C0-8C2121343830.jpeg)
187.8 KB44 views
Old 14-02-2020, 10:29 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Great wildlife.
Talking blue tongues this baby in the dianella has a beautiful camouflage pattern.
Thanks for sharing.
It seems these snakes are like a cat that gets dropped and comes back. One account told of a drop approx ten klms away and in time the snake returned.
Lots of flooding around Tabby the main road was cut yesterday.
Alex
Old 14-02-2020, 10:41 PM
Kirthgersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Thanks for sharing.
It seems these snakes are like a cat that gets dropped and comes back. One account told of a drop approx ten klms away and in time the snake returned.
Lots of flooding around Tabby the main road was cut yesterday.
Alex
Or another snake...
Old 15-02-2020, 02:31 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirthgersen View Post
Or another snake...
Yes however one finds that they are easily identifiable and so different that if you knew you could not make your observation...I am confident that we deal with the same snake
Yet he has moved out of the cat garden... so good...most folk don't understand or care about other creatures...but we move him to another place...where some other snake rules...it is a problem...I hope he can be close by but not upset the cat. At least he is in a place where humans actually care for him.
Alex
Old 15-02-2020, 09:39 PM
Kirthgersen

Quote:
Yes however one finds that they are easily identifiable and so different that if you knew you could not make your observation...I am confident that we deal with the same snake
Yet he has moved out of the cat garden... so good...most folk don't understand or care about other creatures...but we move him to another place...where some other snake rules...it is a problem...I hope he can be close by but not upset the cat. At least he is in a place where humans actually care for him.
Alex
You’re a good man mr Evans. I’m sure you’re family have similar values.
Old 16-02-2020, 10:04 AM
JohnF (John)

Quote:
Hi. Have handled pythons many times and never bitten. I've always wondered what their bite would feel like. Would you describe it? How painful and what if any damage...

Cheers
Carpet snake & otherwise Python's teeth are like Needles, and very sharp. So that a bite, is as if I jabbed a number of needles into you at the same time. Hurts a bit but harmless. However carpet snakes eat Rats, so may have germs in their mouth, so that could gt infected. Most of my bites were not treated.

Am now mainly a vegetarian, except for a bit of Kosher fish, Sardines, Herrings, and Salmon. But in 1979 worked in a Pathology Laboratory in Sydney, and took my pt carpet make to work, and was eating a chicken drumstick when the carpet snake decided that he wants it, but stuck and bit my hand instead.

So as we handle lots of germs, I poured Iodine over that wound. But normally did not treat a Carpet Snake bite. He or she ate the Bone of that Chicken Drumstick.
Old 16-02-2020, 10:10 AM
JohnF (John)

Quote:
Alex
I was once asked to relocate a Carpet snake. People let him hunt on there back steps until they say it eat a Tawny Frog Mouth. the size of their very small dog. Then they realised that that dog could be its next meal, so I was asked to catch and relocate that snake.

Never have deliberately killed a snake. Ran over one late at night, by accident one though.
Old 16-02-2020, 04:26 PM
Kirthgersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
I was once asked to relocate a Carpet snake. People let him hunt on there back steps until they say it eat a Tawny Frog Mouth. the size of their very small dog. Then they realised that that dog could be its next meal, so I was asked to catch and relocate that snake.

Never have deliberately killed a snake. Ran over one late at night, by accident one though.
If they didn't actually see the snake eat a tawny Frogmouth I'd say it's not likely. Unless of course the carpet snake was inordinately large. Catching a tawny in the first place is unusual unless the tawny was extremely tepid and unwell... and it is a very large animal to swallow whole even for carpe snakes who can dislocate their jaws to accomodate.
Old 18-02-2020, 11:08 AM
JohnF (John)

Quote:
If they didn't actually see the snake eat a tawny Frogmouth I'd say it's not likely. Unless of course the carpet snake was inordinately large. Catching a tawny in the first place is unusual unless the tawny was extremely tepid and unwell... and it is a very large animal to swallow whole even for carpe snakes who can dislocate their jaws to accomodate.
They saw it swallow the Tawny Frogmouth. That is why I was called in to catch the snake. A Snake catcher asked me to catch it for him, as it was only 8 km from my place, an 35 from him. Yes from memory it was a large one. This was back in the 1990s. A carpet snake can swallow prey very much bigger than its head. We lost lots of our chooks to carpet snakes.

One 16 foot carpet snack once swallowed a 40 pound pig.

Overseas humans have been swallowed by big Pythons, a small adult Grandfather in one case.

e do not have snakes in the southern states big enough to do that.