Old 21-03-2007, 05:11 PM
bloodhound31

Canon 400D Digital SLR

I got it I got it!!!! Now I gotta open it and have a play!

Woohoo!!!:chee rs:

Baz.
Old 21-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Astroman (Andrew Wall)
<><><><>

well done, your gonna love it.
Old 24-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Muddy Diver
Your Brain Drain

Good luck with it. Interested to hear how you get on. I have just ordered mine from downtown uty free to be picked up on my way overseas on tuesday.

I read all the threads here and it seems the one to buy. Any comments on the hand grip? some reports mention it is on the small side! Not that it will make a difference to the shots eh?
Old 24-03-2007, 11:40 AM
bloodhound31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Diver View Post
Good luck with it. Interested to hear how you get on. I have just ordered mine from downtown uty free to be picked up on my way overseas on tuesday.

I read all the threads here and it seems the one to buy. Any comments on the hand grip? some reports mention it is on the small side! Not that it will make a difference to the shots eh?
I dont see the handgrip as being any kind of selling point actually. Not for astrophotography anyway, as it is usually bolted to something a couple of feet long!

Baz
Old 24-03-2007, 03:12 PM
leon

Good on yah, Barry nothing like a new toy.

Cheers Leon
Old 24-03-2007, 04:07 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Absolutely fantastic news Baz .
I reckon the camera is so good but the reviewers need to find something to say and reach for a stupid comment like the hand grip is too small..geez.. put a bigger grip and guess what they will say then .

The hand grip thing is firstly someone lost for words due to the camera being so good and secondly I have thought it may be a marketing thing as one comment re grip was followed by..you can add a battery pac to make it look bigger..mmm what does that say to you either marketing or the reviewer is an idiot ..my opinion only but in my opinion it is a silly thing to say about the best value for money camera in the market .
Mate you are set now hope its a smooth ride thru the production phase '
alex
Old 24-03-2007, 04:13 PM
DobDobDob (Ron)
Blacktown isn't so black

Alex, soon Barry will be able to showcase his magnificent images in his new website which is currently being built (well the astrophotography section is anyway), see the early stages at: http://www.aussiepeople.com.au/ASIGNobservatory/Astrophotography.aspx
Old 24-03-2007, 06:29 PM
bloodhound31

When I have the Setting on M, Bulb, I cant seem to get the AV (aperture value any lower than F5.6. When I turn the dial to AV, It wont go any lower than F4.5.

Does anyone know how to open the aperture right up?

Baz.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSC01953.JPG)
116.4 KB21 views
Click for full-size image (DSC01952.JPG)
106.6 KB26 views
Click for full-size image (DSC01954.JPG)
113.6 KB21 views
Click for full-size image (DSC01955.JPG)
126.4 KB20 views
Old 24-03-2007, 10:30 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailwag View Post
Alex, soon Barry will be able to showcase his magnificent images in his new website which is currently being built (well the astrophotography section is anyway), see the early stages at: http://www.aussiepeople.com.au/ASIGNobservatory/Astrophotography.aspx
yes Ron I had a look some time back and its great good on the both of you .
alex
Old 24-03-2007, 10:31 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Sorry Baz cant help
alex
Old 24-03-2007, 10:41 PM
DobDobDob (Ron)
Blacktown isn't so black

Barry is a great bloke, so helping him out doing a few web pages is a pleasure not a chore. The guy rode from the Act to Sydney to give me a parallelogram he made, which btw works amazingly well, see: http://www.aussiepeople.com.au/ASIGNobservatory/Parallelogram.aspx
Old 24-03-2007, 11:05 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I want one I have not really been able to use my binnos properly, tried a wobbly camera tripod, and then an EQ mount but it just did not do the job. This looks great I missed this the other day thanks for putting me on to it.
Great work Baz I am so happy to see everything is coming together for you.
Best wishes alex
Old 25-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Adrian-H
Naturalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound31 View Post
When I have the Setting on M, Bulb, I cant seem to get the AV (aperture value any lower than F5.6. When I turn the dial to AV, It wont go any lower than F4.5.

Does anyone know how to open the aperture right up?

Baz.
it depends what lens you have on it, and what the lowest aperture of the lens is, without a lens it should be 0

in manual mode, to change the aperture hold down the (AV+/-) button and turn the main dial, the (AV+/-) button should be to the top right of the lcd.

and in modes such as AV/TV etc the same buttons will be your exposure compensation
Old 25-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Astroman (Andrew Wall)
<><><><>

Thats right, it has the lowest and highest Apature settings on the camera lens something like 1:4.5-5.6 so it will only go down to 4.5 with the widest FOV and the 5.6 on the smallest. The camera will show F00 when no lens attached or on a telescope, because there is no information from the lens.
Old 25-03-2007, 08:41 AM
bloodhound31

Wow.....

Thanks gents. That truly is a great help. I cant wait to get my T-ring and start eyepiece projection and prime focus!

Alex, do you need a parallelogram? I may be able to help mate.

Baz.
Old 25-03-2007, 09:16 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound31 View Post
Wow.....

Thanks gents. That truly is a great help. I cant wait to get my T-ring and start eyepiece projection and prime focus!

Alex, do you need a parallelogram? I may be able to help mate.

Baz.
Baz, I certainly need one because the methods I have tried so far does not see these wonderful binos reaching near their full potential. I got them last November and I am so impressed with the little and limited views I have managed. But my time is not permitting me to start the project unfortunately. I have been working on the garden shed observatory up home and down here the only time I get free is spent primarily chatting on this very site. I have a tripod left over when I converted a 70mm ar for a guide scope but thats as far I have got. I liked your outline of how to do it I must say but I dont have the tools I once had (the big fire took most of them). I should have thought about a suitable mount a lot more but foolishly thought an old eq mount would do it ..it does not really as you have your head at uncomfortable angles. But the weather has taken the pressure off proceeding.
I hope one day I can get to see one in the flesh..and do something.
alex
Old 25-03-2007, 11:54 AM
bloodhound31

As with Ron mate, if you send me the measurements and a couple of detailed photographs of the attachment points under your bino's and the top of your tripod, we can look at it from there.

Baz.
Old 25-03-2007, 02:13 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks for the helping hand Baz I very much appreciate it. I will get some photos when I get back up home.
alex