Old 18-03-2017, 08:27 PM
gehelem (Gilles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
Ah, we posted at the same time. I will fix this later today. let's see first how you go with the tests.

The problem is that the default value gets initialised as a string, I.e. as "0.04" and later it fails to convert to double.
Yep, first things first.
Now cooling target 5°C Kp = 0.1
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Screen Shot 03-18-17 at 11.25 AM.PNG)
46.8 KB32 views
Old 18-03-2017, 09:13 PM
gehelem (Gilles)

i think i make things the wrong way :
I use "cooling aid" of APT, but i'm sure it interferes with pid regulation during first minutes.
Old 18-03-2017, 09:18 PM
luka
Unregistered User

To be honest I don't know. I did not even know that APT has all those cooling options and graphs, thank you for the screenshot above. I am liking the software more and more.

Is it possible just to switch the cooling on and to manually record the values over few minutes. I don't think you need many points to see if there is a difference.

edit: I think I have already fixed the internationalisation bug. If you want I can send the update now or we can do it later, after your tests.
Old 18-03-2017, 09:36 PM
pat30 (Patrice)

Luka, I had some bugs with the new firmware, sometimes the temperature displays 85 °, Gilles you have the same?
Old 18-03-2017, 09:55 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Pat, on which sensor do you see 85 degrees C? The humidity sensor or the cold finger sensor?
How often do you see the reading?
Did you have issues with the old firmware/driver?

Can you disconnect from the camera, then hold shift while connecting in APT and when choosing the camera go to properties and tick "Trace on". That will enable logging. The logs will be saved in Documents/ASCOM folder. Seeing the log when the temperature is not correct may give me a clue...

edit: also does the temperature stay at 85C or does it only show 85C for a second and then go down again?

Last edited by luka; 18-03-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 18-03-2017, 10:24 PM
gehelem (Gilles)

Quote:
Pat, on which sensor do you see 85 degrees C? The humidity sensor or the cold finger sensor?
How often do you see the reading?
Did you have issues with the old firmware/driver?

Can you disconnect from the camera, then hold shift while connecting in APT and when choosing the camera go to properties and tick "Trace on". That will enable logging. The logs will be saved in Documents/ASCOM folder. Seeing the log when the temperature is not correct may give me a clue...

edit: also does the temperature stay at 85C or does it only show 85C for a second and then go down again?
i also get sometimes silly readings on CCD temps (eg +60C) but on next measurment it comes back...
Trace on activated, will keep you informed
Edit : btw : Kp = 0.04 seems to be good enough ! my first impression is that when I change it + it gives oscillations and - it 's very long to reach target...
Old 18-03-2017, 10:42 PM
gehelem (Gilles)

second impression :
even with 0.04 it overshoots.
But i think it needs really fine tunning, and this Kp seems to work quite well...
Old 18-03-2017, 10:45 PM
gehelem (Gilles)

See here, after 10 mn and kp=0.04 target =-5°C, but went down to -9
Cooling power still 84%
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Screen Shot 03-18-17 at 01.44 PM.PNG)
160.4 KB25 views
Old 18-03-2017, 10:59 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Gilles, the 0.04 value was used in all previous drivers/firmwares. If you are getting a different result now then we have a problem.

I have uploaded a slightly modified version of cam86_view program to the usual place.
You can set the Kp parameter there (change the value in the box and click the button).
If you tick the box "auto temp" (after connecting to the camera) the driver will measure temperature every second and output the value in the info box.

This may help with the testing.

Also if you use this version of cam86_view, can you watch and see if you get temperature glitches.
Old 18-03-2017, 11:06 PM
gehelem (Gilles)

Quote:
Gilles, the 0.04 value was used in all previous drivers/firmwares. If you are getting a different result now then we have a problem.

I have uploaded a slightly modified version of cam86_view program to the usual place.
You can set the Kp parameter there (change the value in the box and click the button).
If you tick the box "auto temp" (after connecting to the camera) the driver will measure temperature every second and output the value in the info box.

This may help with the testing.

Also if you use this version of cam86_view, can you watch and see if you get temperature glitches.
Thanks
Don't worry : i had overshoots before too, and i played with cooling power min/max.
Now this is much better, but it will be very long to find good values !
I will play with your new soft in a few hours, need to clean the house atm...
Have a look at this :
http://www.webastro.net/upload/minim...1489834743.jpg
Old 18-03-2017, 11:19 PM
luka
Unregistered User

I have seen the image already, I am closely following the webastro forum. Lots of interesting stuff happening there

My changes to the viewer software are really only useful for this test. It was a quick fix and there is no error checking at all for the parameters. But it can be useful to see if you get temperature glitches as well. If you could just run the "auto temp" option and leave it for a while and then copy/paste the temperature output, I could see if there are any glitches there as well.
The viewer is not using the ASCOM driver so it is different.

But I have a feeling that the temperature glitches are caused by the noise from TEC. Did you have the temperature glitches before this driver/firmware?
Old 19-03-2017, 12:12 AM
gehelem (Gilles)

Ok, test running
This version could be a good tool to tune parameters easier, if the log could mention everything on the same line :
timestamp
  • Timestamp
  • Target T°
  • T°CCD
  • Cooler On/Off
  • Cooler%
  • Coolermin/max
  • T°DHT
  • H%DHT
I think i can do it, can your share this code ?

Edit :
"Did you have the temperature glitches before this driver/firmware?" Yes i did
Old 19-03-2017, 12:49 AM
pat30 (Patrice)

Luka, the 85 ° remained a few seconds, it is the 18bs20 probe, as Gilles the 0.04 works well but it is much longer than before.
It seems to me that I had activated the "trace on", or it finds the newspaper to be sure.

Another thing, since you look at Webastro, you can come and make a little hello there
Old 19-03-2017, 01:07 AM
luka
Unregistered User

Gilles, I finished parts of your request, see the new viewer in the GD (same revision number). Missing are cooler min and max which need to be added to the cam_view code. The data is currently dumped into the text box with comma separated columns so you can copy/paste into notepad and save as CSV, which can then be imported into a spreadsheet for plotting etc. I am thinking of making logging data go into a file but this will have to wait until tomorrow, too tired now, it was a BUSY day. All source code is in source code/luka folder.
I never developed in Delphi before Cam86 so making any changes is slow.

Also I have uploaded the new driver, v0.6.6L. This should (hopefully) fix the internationalisation issue with , or . for numbers. Can you please test.

Pat, the old cam used the same value of 0.04. If it is slower now then I have stuffed up something. Will need to investigate...

Old 19-03-2017, 01:46 AM
gehelem (Gilles)

Quote:
Gilles, I finished parts of your request, see the new viewer in the GD (same revision number). Missing are cooler min and max which need to be added to the cam_view code. The data is currently dumped into the text box with comma separated columns so you can copy/paste into notepad and save as CSV, which can then be imported into a spreadsheet for plotting etc. I am thinking of making logging data go into a file but this will have to wait until tomorrow, too tired now, it was a BUSY day. All source code is in source code/luka folder.
I never developed in Delphi before Cam86 so making any changes is slow.

Also I have uploaded the new driver, v0.6.6L. This should (hopefully) fix the internationalisation issue with , or . for numbers. Can you please test.

Pat, the old cam used the same value of 0.04. If it is slower now then I have stuffed up something. Will need to investigate...

Great, thank you very much
New Ascom driver is ok with international stuff

Now playing with camview
Old 19-03-2017, 11:06 AM
gehelem (Gilles)

Hi Luka,
it's now late also here in France, but i want to share this with you :
Thanks to your code i've started to write a new tool to tune parameters of regulation.
This is early code, just to show how to use cam86ll.dll in delphi
(i've just put it on GD\incoming)
That prevents to rewrite low level functions, it's just fast Delphi coding.
With it I intend to log all parameters in a grid, easier to export in Excel
Maybe i'll try to add live graph, or job sequence, like "play with Kp=0.01 during 15mn then stop cooling until DHT temp = CCD temp, then restart cooling during 20mn with Kp=0.02", and so on

Just to say I think i can do that, don't spend time on it : on your side stay on difficult stuff, you've already made so much !

Gilles.
Old 19-03-2017, 01:18 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Can't see any files in incoming.

Are you using my cam86ll.dll? That has functions to access all the firmware new options.
Old 19-03-2017, 08:58 PM
gehelem (Gilles)

Quote:
Can't see any files in incoming.

Are you using my cam86ll.dll? That has functions to access all the firmware new options.
Bizarre. Some kind of google magic....
I can send it by mail if you prefer...

Yes : it uses the dll provided in ascom driver
Just a copy/paste into folder, this is what i wanted to show you
Old 19-03-2017, 10:40 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Gilles, I am interested to see why the uploads does not work. I put a test.txt file in the folder. Can you see it?

Using the DLL is a great idea. Do you want me to add other functions to it or to the firmware? For example, some parameters can be only set but not read.
Old 20-03-2017, 01:46 AM
gehelem (Gilles)

Yes i can see it (empty text file)
I think the problem comes from my google account wich is not "@gmail.com", its my own domain