Old 03-02-2018, 01:23 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Conjunction of Mars with Nu Scorpii

Tonight starting 10.45PM EST there will be a close proximity between this outstanding double and Mars .

Mars of course will still be a bit below horizon here in Oz , but the conjunction will be as 1.0°
when it rises at 1.13AM EST.

JABBAH or nu Scorpii..looks like a lovely widefield Binocular double , at separation 41.60 " at mags 4.35 ,6.60..Mars at +1.2 and 5.7" only.

With an average sized scope of over 4"..Jabbah can be split again into 2 pairs at 2.4" and 1.3"(the brighter pair).

They designate these as Mitchell 2 and Burnham 120..but thats not so important....the pairs look like they're oriented near 90° to one another ...one pair brighter than the other..

Needs good seeing and no clouds of course..likely? ..Who knows.

Something to do anyhow if your still up or get up early, and ready for a sucker hole , and a double like this and xi Scorpii, that I think are as good as the famous "Double Double" in Lyra.

PS: You can find JABBAH easily just below Mars in this Skysafari share screenshot.

bigjoe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1517626295676.jpg)
54.9 KB48 views

Last edited by bigjoe; 03-02-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Info add more..and yes more
Old 16-02-2018, 09:57 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Can I see Leia in a bikini too? (sorry, couldn't resist the Jabbah pun)

And in other light-heartedness, when I saw your thread title truncated on the main forum page, I almost thought you said Mars conjunction with Nibiru...

I doubt I will see it thanks to the tall pines around here and the mega-eucalypts, but I will try
Old 16-02-2018, 04:21 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Can I see Leia in a bikini too? (sorry, couldn't resist the Jabbah pun)

And in other light-heartedness, when I saw your thread title truncated on the main forum page, I almost thought you said Mars conjunction with Nibiru...

I doubt I will see it thanks to the tall pines around here and the mega-eucalypts, but I will try
Indeed, that Jabbah had an altercation with the Princess on set ..she let him have it in the groin after his clumsy.. intended handling ? leading to her having a wardrobe malfunction on set...theres another famous wardrobe malfunction too.

As to Nibiru out in the Oort cloud or beyond, maybe with a Jabbah the Fat on it ...Who knows!

bigjoe.