Old 04-07-2014, 12:25 AM
michaellxv (Michael)

A long overdue report

Well it's been a long time since I actually got a look through my telescope and even longer since my last report. Like others I have been suffering through seemingly endless cloud, lack of enthusiasim, life etc...

This report will be nothing special except to say that I did get my telescope out and had a look around tonight from my backyard. It's a good time of year with Scorpius and Sagittarius up early with lots of M's to look at. I'm so out of practice that they were more than enough to keep me busy.

Early on I was joined by my youngest daughter and we looked at an open cluster M7, a globular cluster Omega Centauri, a nebula M8, Saturn, and I even found a galaxy for her M104. It must be something about being in year 7 that makes them suddenly take a bit of interest.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:47 AM
glenc (Glen)
star-hopper

Well done Michael
Old 04-07-2014, 08:01 PM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Lovely to see your daughter joining you. Dad and daughter time, dad and son time, all important soul food,

I too have been soooo photon starved. Had some relief last night, but not enough!!!