ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Paullus (Paul)

Meade LXD75 Motors or Drive System

It seems that I can't let go of this mount and/or I'm a sucker for punishment, but I want to give this mount one last hurrah. Long story short I've problems with the motor drives for years, had them looked at by a shop twice and a IIS member once but still have issues. I understand my Autostar is working as the issues continued with another #497 and just the basic paddle controller.

I am looking for any of the following (in that order):
- Working LXD55/LXD75 RA and Dec motors
- Synscan EQ5 Goto upgrade kit
- Goto4all mounting kit and Meade DS motors (I may have a source on the motors but the mounting kit is essential). At the very least I need the thread and shaft with gear that the DS motors attach to (i.e let me butcher a DS mount).
- iOptron Gotonova kit
- Bresser Exos2 goto kit

Max price: $200-250?

If you have any of the above, or a different (and cheap!) idea to motorise my mount with some sort of guiding/goto capability please let me know . From my vast Googling any goto system from any EQ5 knockoff should work. I understand the mount is old and not worth sinking money into hence why I'm trying to get something working for cheap. My best plan going forward is to spend ~$500AUD on a HEQ5 goto upgrade kit for a mount that I essentially share with a mate, or spend the same amount buying a new EQ5 goto kit for the LXD.

Cheers
Paul