Old 15-09-2019, 01:55 PM
Lognic04 (Logan)

Takahashi MT-160

Hi all,
Up for sale is my Takahashi MT-160.

This is a rare scope from Takahashi, and was made around the 80's. However, the quality of the mirrors is excellent, as i have tested with bath interferometry.
I used this scope for about 3 years, both for visual and imaging, and it has won me an award! It has a focal length of 1000mm natively, so sits at about f/6 - no coma should be visible visually.
Included with the scope is the rare f/8 extender, and equally rare f/4.8 reducer which i used while imaging. The reducer comes with an m54-m42 adaptor, and the scope comes with a 2" adaptor, as the focuser is threaded and does not take eyepieces out of the box. The original clamshell is included as well. I am selling to downsize to a smaller setup.

The scope shows some signs of age around the seam, as some paint flakes have fallen off, but the rest of the scope still is a magnificent blue-green. The focuser was damaged from the previous owner, but it was repaired, so it looks and feels like new, with extremely smooth motion.

Linked is a folder of photos of the telescope, clamshell and accessories.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...5W?usp=sharing

Due to the expected wear and tear of the telescope, I am selling the scope with accessories for $1100. Pick up in eastern suburbs, but postage can be negotiated.

Cheers,
Logan
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (tak.jpg)
48.1 KB169 views

Last edited by Lognic04; 22-09-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 22-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Lognic04 (Logan)

Scope sold to first buyer. Cheers.