Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2019, 05:21 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

NACAA rev up

I'm writing this wearing my NACAA cap (looks good on me - doesn't it?)

If you are thinking of going to this highlight event in the astronomy calendar, now is a good time to start planning. And of course, if you aren't thinking of going now is a good time to start thinking of going . The NACAA Local Organising Committee has reserved rooms in some of the motels but they can only hold them until the end of the year. When you book your accommodation, please ask if the venue is holding any NACAA bookings. If so, please let them know that you are attending NACAA. There is another largish event on in Parkes that weekend, plus the general holiday travel, so we do suggest you get in early.

Now the urgent announcement!! If you are planning on presenting a talk, time is short. The deadline for presentation proposals is 15 December, just a fortnight away. So get on those thinking caps and contact us here. We have a pleasing number of proposals already plus more known to be on the way (I'm not the only one giving rev ups ) but we'd still love to see receive some more.

See you in Parkes - look for the hat.
David
Old 02-12-2019, 06:13 PM
Tinderboxsky (Steve)
I can see clearly now ...

Accommodation is booked. Looking forward to the conference.