Old 03-11-2018, 01:18 PM
vlazg (George)

Help- OOM Exceptions

Firstly i am totally computer illiterate.

I am using SGPro for image aquisitions, camera is a Moravian G316200.

When i am taking a sequence the program crashes sometimes, this can occur at any time ie after an hour or after 3 hours, totally random.

When i look at the SGPro log file , after taking any number of images, i get an Out OF Memory Exception recorded.

I have no idea what this means or what i can do about it.

Any ideas.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:11 PM
silv (Annette)

flying blind here.
From your log file posted on the SGPro forum, you can tell it's the [camera thread] throwing the error and SGPro is only suffering from that failure and is notifying you.
I noticed you owned and sold an older Moravian before. So maybe the box at the bottom of this page is a place to start: has your computer installed the old or the new driver? https://www.gxccd.com/art?id=461&lang=409

Another idea would be to check the camera connection and where it is supposed to store the images. USB or Ethernet cable? Free storage on the target system?

What Windows version is your PC on?
Old 03-11-2018, 11:50 PM
vlazg (George)

Hi silv,
I installed the new drivers.
I am using Win 10 on a Mac through Bootcamp but i had the same problem on a PC as well.
I store the images on a portable hard disc via USB.heaps of space.

I can only connect by 32 bit even though it is 64 bit, i get another error when i try.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:56 AM
silv (Annette)

Has SGPro ever worked reliably with your Macbook [Pro?], Bootcamp(!!) with Win10 (I assume Win10 32 bit??), that portable hard disk, and this camera?
If it never has worked reliably in this setup, the trouble shooting would be a different approach than if it had worked in the past.

If you have the time for another test, open the Windows Task Manager where you can see all processes and their claimed resources. While the camera is in action, have a look at what happens to the memory usage of the SGPro process and note down any change, increase and decrease in memory usage. Does memory go sky high after a few images? Sky high as in higher than 600MB and then throws the error?
If it does, have a read here. Maybe Chris' work around works for you, too. Or at least, you can verify that you experience the same issue and can add that info to your own forum thread.

All your info in your replies here are vital information on the SGPro forum for the developer or users who would want to help you. I'm intrigued but flying blind, sorry.

Last edited by silv; 04-11-2018 at 06:06 AM.